Will you vote on Tuesday?

fishin

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 10:22 am
I showed up at 8am and cast my ballot. The place was empty but then I was there as they opened. I keep hearing predictions of 70% voter turnout here in MA. That would be pretty impressive. I guess a close race will bring people out?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 11:59 am
I walked over to vote at about 10:00 AM (I figured I could go when it wasn't prime time). They didn't have a lot of customers but there was still a steady trickle (if that makes any sense). :-D

I think close races for seats that people care about (sorry, but I don't give a damn who wins the race for Dog Catcher) bring people out. And I'm sure Governor is a seat that people have an interest in.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 12:56 pm
I voted at around 11 or 11:30 a.m. Same experience as Jespah -- no lines but a steady trickle of voters. ('Course it makes sense, Jes!) I was also gratified to see a number of young people, apparently voting for the first time as the election workers had to explain the intricacies of the voting booth to them.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 05:26 pm
I moseyed on down to my polling place at about 3 p.m. There was a long line, but the poll workers had everything under control. I am not completely convinced about the touch screens. A couple of times the screen jumped back to an earlier page. I just hope that everything was on the up and up! Confused
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 06:06 pm
I voted, yeah yeah I voted...

There were hardly any people there, at about 3:30 pm. I was a bit startled by the old-fashioned ballots -- had to fill in the oval with a black felt-tip pen (provided.) They handed out donut holes, which was nice. Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 07:35 pm
I voted after work and it was a zoo! Excuse me, gotta get the phone it's the Governor!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 07:49 pm
Swimpy- Have you been reprieved? Laughing Surprised Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 08:13 pm
I wish I could get a reprieve from all the pre-recorded messages that the politicians are bombarding me with. Is it just me or are you all getting them too?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 09:52 pm
I went to vote with my daughter at about 3:30 and there were plenty of people there, but no line. It was great. So now to watch the election returns. Keeping my fingers crossed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Nov, 2002 10:17 pm
Campaigns over? Great. I can bring the trash can in, and put the mailbox back out where it belongs.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 11:46 pm
Well, here we go again, another mid-term. I think a ot of Republicans will be sitting this one out.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 04:52 am
Oh yeah, I am going out to vote. I think a lot of folks are going to be surprised on HOW I vote! :wink:
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 06:29 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Oh yeah, I am going out to vote. I think a lot of folks are going to be surprised on HOW I vote! :wink:

Care to illuminate?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 06:36 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:

big "L" Libertarian?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 06:52 am
in the past 4 general elections I have voted Libertarian-Green-not voted and lastly voted democrat, I am not happy about any of the above.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:00 am
I'll be voting. Unfortunately, my senators are not up for re-election this term (or I'd be voting to oust them), and I'm pretty happy with my congressman, so I don't think my vote will have much of an effect.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:02 am
for Congressperson I have a choice between Heather Wilson and Pat Madrid.
equal scumbags. I will vote Madrid.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 07:50 am
Jim Nussle's congressional seat (Iowa 1st District) is up for grabs. Neither candidate is great, but I will vote for Braley. Nussle is running for governor against a weak Chet Culver. I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Culver.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 08:08 am
Voting is both a privilege and an obligation. I will vote and hope that most of the electorate view it as I do.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:26 pm
I'm going to help elect the first black governor of Massachusetts.
0 Replies