Strange complaints from co-workers?

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:10 pm
Hey, watchit, Mistah!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:25 pm
Good gawd! How many plastic bags have I annoyed you with?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:30 pm
No, you have those paper bags. See, those are quite alright. Geez, isn't it understandable? ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:32 pm
oh phew... yes I do prefer paper. But the cat box is cleaned into plastic. Are you talking of a specific plastic? The plastic grocery type bags? Those do have an annoying quality to them.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:35 pm
Bard College, my former alma mater, is working on noise-free plastic, yay!!! it has something to do with the release of energy when you move the plastic, the ties between them atoms are very brittle so they actually break every time you as much as touch it. i cannot wait, but surely something else will come along to work on my poor nerves.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 04:44 am
Dag
I've become very sensative to noise as well. I was never like this when I was younger, but somewhere after I turned 30 some noises just drive me up the wall. My mother, my son and I share our huge house and I like to do the dishes because when she does them you'd think someone was doing construction on the house. I can't stand banging noises and noises that startle me. It ticks me off when someone beeps their car horn when their right next to me. Jeeez!!! there are just so many noises that drive me nuts. I think it comes from having lived in the city for too long.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 04:58 am
I'm exactly the same Gezzy. Silence is my absolute favourite sound.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:01 am
There's nothing like it for this gal ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:07 am
Silence drives me mad !!!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:10 am
Spend 20 years in the steel industry and you'll feel different..................guaranteed.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:13 am
Gautam
I know many who feel the same. So many of my friends back in Boston don't know how I can stand it here. They ask me where I get my action and I tell them that I got enough action when I was younger to last me a lifetime. I'm tired of all the action and just want to relax now. Boy, does this make me sound old or what?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:15 am
Wilso
I hear that. All the noise of being in the city for 30 years just caught up to me and now I can't handle it anymore.
0 Replies

aja

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:19 am
20 years in the steel industry. Are you a boilermaker? Aint many of them left in England.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2003 05:32 am
I'm an electrician.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 04:34 pm
Hey all, well I've tried to be considerate and hit the keys lightly--figure if I become a quieter typist than I'll be all the better for it.

: )
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 04:46 pm
edithdoll - i've been paying a bit of attention to the typists around me - the quietest ones (who don't have the better keyboards at our office) are the ones who don't seem to be moving their fingers up and down - just sort of horizontally. i don't think it's possible to re-learn the mechanics of typing, but it was an interesting observation to make.

weird how threads like this just stick in your head!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 05:14 pm
My office mate complains that I'm too quiet. I guess I'm just not the gabby type.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2003 06:16 pm
It disturbs me to see people getting annoyed over noises. Whenever there is a great deal of noise around me, or just one source of sound- even a radio playing stuff I don't like - My mind automatically tunes it out. When somebody comments on how annoying the sounds are, I am generally surprised, because I am not conscious of them.
0 Replies