Strange complaints from co-workers?

husker

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:56 am
Slappy you're gunna get spanked again! Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 12:34 pm
Gotta say, I hate loud typing. It makes me crazy. That, and people reaching over my work space to get one of my pens to sign something. I hate it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 12:37 pm
My cubicle neighbors hate it when I eat lots of beans and then rip nasty sulphur farts all day long. What is their problem anyway? There's just no appreciation for humorous bodily functions around here.

http://www.createafart.com
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 12:38 pm
Bill, is that you? is cjhsa your handle?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 12:39 pm
Nope, only bills here are the ones I have to pay. Charitable contributions are always welcome. Smile
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 02:38 pm
The simple phrase "don't make me hurt you" works wonders.

And I don't throw staplers at people ... I put tacks on their chairs and glue their coats to the hangers. And there's this contraption I can make with rubber bands and paper clips ...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 02:43 pm
As for complaints "I" have made :

Flip-flop type footwear that "slaps" when you walk - I hate to hear that crap around the office. It's not the beach folks, c'mon!

Too much perfume/cologny wearing co-workers - comment: "no need to marinate in it sweetie, a dab is all ya need".

Co-workers who want to chat when I'm busy - comment: "run along now or you'll have to fetch me dinner if I have to stay late tonight".
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 02:57 pm
Heeven

Looking at your avatar - the expression on your face - I imagine you are smiling after devouring a few offending co-workers.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:10 pm
and tasty little morsels they are too!
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:19 pm
Hi all --

LittleK -- I work in Boston.

I was told I worked too fast when I was a paternity clerk, in Suffolk Superior Court in Boston for a short time after college.

I once had a job retyping press releases so they could be faxed to media outlets, i.e. a newswire. My boss there was busy doing budgets and she didn't train me to left me to a co-worker who had it in for me. After complaints by this co-worker, the boss stood behind me for a whole day watching me work. Yep I should have quit then. Then the boss went on vacation, and I left my resume on her desk and the co-worker who didn't like me and all the others in the office (sadly the office was all women), started to be nice to me, so I had a change of heart and retrieved it from her desk. Well things immediately got nasty again (I think they were nice because they read my resignation and thought I was leaving)--we were supposed to have our releases double checked for the coding (i.e. the specific outlets to send to) -- When my co-worker double checked mine, I think she fixed them codes so they were wrong. Anyway, I had to call to NY for a stop, the ultimate melt down and I quit before the boss lady could fire me -- Stupid stupid, pride. No unemployement, no health insurance, etc.

Last week, I was told I was banging on the keys which I only do when I'm nervous, usually it only happens typing tests. However, the bad karma in this office of three women doesn't help. Last week was bad when one office-mate was on vacation, leaving only the senior paralegal and myself. She and the other woman are friends outside of work, etc. Anyway now that the 3rd is back from vacation (she was gone when the comment was made), they hardly take notice of me as usual. It's either speak only when spoken to or they don't hardly ever speak to me at all--which is more civil/even fake superficially friendly at times, so I'll take the later.

P.S. I think Bates stamping of legal documents is always louder than any kind of computer typing, and that unavoidable noise goes with it, so I don't get it but I wasn't going to stoop to her level and complain about their constant whisphering. Not just annoying but rude.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 06:06 pm
<Phew!>
My housemate says a co-worker of hers types too loud. It's a distraction thing.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 07:24 pm
cjhsa, that is hilarious. Juvenile antics at work always makes the day go quicker.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:33 pm
Yup, I would be that housemate. But I am neurotic in many ways, I can't stand loud eating, typing (does not have to be loud at all) and the sound of plastic bags. Yes, plastic bags, dunno why. All of these make my adrenalin shoot up and I simply have to leave the room or else I get very kranky. It is reducible with relaxations and training though. It is not the problem of the noise-maker though, but of the neurotic employee, like myself. Thus I always always have a cd-man with me, listen to the radio (helps me not to focus on typing, even if it is quiet) or carry earplugs. The same I recommend to your co-worker, edith.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:41 pm
Dag - that's a great idea!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:49 pm
Took me awhile but hey, I don't have a mother psychologist for nothing, she is mightily useful. Plenty of people have slight neurotic disorders, even ADD may have such side-effect as oversensitivity to noise or not being able to concentrate while others talk/type/make any noise at all. The radio is the best option for me. I don't even listen to it, it is just there to distract me from whatever would otherwise bother me. It may be a sensitive topic, but in a delicate manner perhaps the co-worker could be advised to try to cope with her problem way I and people like me do.
0 Replies

kiose

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:58 pm
I had a co-worker that spent 3 hours phoning around stores to order a BBQ chicken. One shop had one on sale for $8.00 and he told them "you are way out of the market". He ended up walking 30 metres from our office to Chicken Treat and bought one for $6.95. What a dork eh? We ended up nominating for him for tight arse Tuesday.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:26 pm
I have a co-worker who is just a plain jackass. A couple of em', actually.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:39 pm
One time I had to give a guy a lift home from the office, and also had to make the bank deposit. I had to go into the branch that day, one that I didn't usually go to but because of the guy I was giving the ride to I went to this alternate branch, Upon going in I found they were short staffed and the line was long. SO I stood there bored to death, my buddy got tired of waiting so he came in, about this time I started zipping and unzipping the money bag, this can be kind a loud, in a Rhythmic manner getting quicker and quicker. I noticed that people were getting very irritated, by now I was in a frenzy I was so PO'd at waiting, my buddy was trying to hide. Finally the branch manager came over to me and asked me to stop it I was going to give people a stroke, I said get some more fricking people in teller lines! You want my money or not?? This day it was low 6 figures. Yeah I admit the squeaky wheel gets the oil, but I had to add a little more squeek before I got served. The guy with me bout fell on the flour as I let it rip (or zip) another 3-4 times....
They moved me striaght to the head of the line.
as slappy quotes "jackass" for the FUN!!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:55 pm
ooooh husker, you would drive me out of the bank in a jiffy ;-) but back at home home (slovakia), where everybody rides in public transportation and absolutely everybody uses plastic bags for absolutely everything, i even get out of the bus and walk when there is too many elderly ladies going through the contents of their plastic bags. pattern is always the same: i spot an old lady with a plastic bag. As if she knew she is faced with a freak of my sort, she starts wriggling her plastic bag. Then she decides it is absolutely necessary to take every item out of it, possibly to remember what she has just purchased 5 minutes ago. She discovers a bag of candy in it (another plastic bag in and of itself). Starts opening it (my hair is by now standing and there is steam coming out of my ears). each and every candy is individually wrapped, in plastic of course. before we get to the next stop she is able to put at least one or two in her mouth, making the worst sucking noises (i am about to faint). i get out, feeling nauseous. walk home, although it takes 40 minutes.
so no zippers around here please! i would run away;-)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 11:06 pm
Zippity Do Dah
0 Replies