CONAN THE PARLIAMENTARIAN

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:37 pm
OK, so here in the "heartland" we don't get much news, and pay less attention, to state politics on the right and left coasts. So, what i wanna know is, what do people in California think of the Governator? I mean, i know anyone can show up here and offer their unsupported and totally nonsensical conservative opinion . . . but what i really want to read is what the victims . . . er, citizens, of that state think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,002 • Replies: 31
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:16 pm
I live in a very liberal part of the state. He doesn't get much coverage here. I wasn't even sure he was still governor....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:17 pm
Me neither . . . but you'd think they'd tell ya . . .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:48 pm
Truth be told, I'm not a big fan. His signing of the .50-cal gun ban didn't help. I think he thought of it as a peace offering to the liberals that control the state legislature, but it didn't buy him a thing and cost the citizens another right. I think he misuses his fame, as in the Rolling Stones fundraiser, but the fact that he was pushing supplements in body building mags should never have been an issue (I mean, look at the guy).

He hasn't been able to accomplish what he'd hoped to.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:51 pm
You think he's got a shot at being held over for another run of performances?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:07 pm
Sure, women love him. Many hope he'll personally punch their ballot. With a solid lock on 50% of the voters, how can he lose?

Maria looks pretty good herself.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
I'll pass, i'm less than impressed with her with all the make-up and special lighting . . . i'd hate to roll over and see her in the morning . . .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:14 pm
Me too because of the ass kicking I'd be about to receive. Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:17 pm
http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/images/cartoons/RedMetBlueMd.JPG
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 10:59 am
The last I heard Schwarzenegger's approval rating has dropped to about 41%. I voted for Grey Davis (who is certainly no prize as a politician). Ahnold is simply a cartoon character and Ahnold has won his last election.........??
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:09 am
"Maria looks pretty good herself"......................?

Have you seen Maria's mother who Maria closely resembles.....??

She looks like she just climbed out of a coffin.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:25 am
I haven't been paying attention to california politics Embarrassed. I'm preoccupied with international politics. I think the people and Scharzenegger got his hollywood character confused with reality.

Acting and weightlifting are NOT politics. I wish people would think more. They insist on learning the hard way. It's hard not to say 'I told you so' but thats not productive.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:28 am
For Rodeman and Amigo: Do you believe he's a one trick pony, or are you indulging in wishful thinking when you say he won't be re-elected? Have the Dems got someone who can beat him? Would the Pubs dump him?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 11:49 am
Its a strange time in american politics. parties are using mass manipulation through the media. Demonizing constructive opposition. Their tactics are getting refined and more complex. I don't think anyone can say what could happen next. As history will tell you. I don't know if the dems have their horse yet but it won't be hard to find. I'll look into it. You've got me interested now.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:49 pm
I truly believe he is a one trick pony. His appeal and campaign promises sounded good during his campaign (like most politicians) but now faced with reality of dealing with a Democratic legislature he's finding it's no picnic now. As for someone who can beat him, as Amigo sez it shouldn't be hard to find someone. Possibly Phil Angelides the state treasurer. He's got Boxer and Pelosi behind him. While he's certainly not a glamour candidate, he appears to be a straight shooter...............?? And he should be familiar with the finances of the state.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:47 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Truth be told, I'm not a big fan. His signing of the .50-cal gun ban didn't help. I think he thought of it as a peace offering to the liberals that control the state legislature, but it didn't buy him a thing and cost the citizens another right.

guns again ? why do you think any private citizen needs or should have a .50 caliber rifle ?

i mean ****, dude, ya hit a duck with one of those and there's gonna be nothin' left for dinner.

one of those terrorists that everyone's so worried about fighting here could certainly make good use of one, though. it would be pretty easy to bring down an airliner with one.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 05:04 pm
i voted no on the recall, so i wasn't happy to see him in office. that whole thing was a real scam. they put issa out there to drum up support and put his neck on the line. then they cut him lose. no governor's office for you, darryl.

ahnoldt has been mostly ineffective. it seems like his answer to the deficit was to cut education and public services, then borrow more money. wonder where he got that idea from ?

he also said he would bring business back to california. specifically the film and recording industries. we've been hemorraging work in that area for close to 10 years, partly because of all the permit and regulation insanity. canada had a tax program that sent a lot of my old clients to vancouver to shoot and post. east europe got quite a bit too.

i don't really see much of anything coming back, yet. and a lot my editors are squeaking by trying to make some sort of story out of the nonsense called reality t.v.

he's still holding back on illegal immigration.

seems like he spends a lot of time back east doing rnc fundraisers.

the worst thing he's up to is trying to pull off a texas style redistricting scheme. that's an on again, off again situation.

sort of like the return of the rolling blackouts that gray davis got all of the blame for.

i don't see a realistic release of "the governator II"

too bad. i was really hoping that if the recall happened and he got the job, that he'd do well.

oh, welllll....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:59 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
guns again ? why do you think any private citizen needs or should have a .50 caliber rifle ?

i mean ****, dude, ya hit a duck with one of those and there's gonna be nothin' left for dinner.

one of those terrorists that everyone's so worried about fighting here could certainly make good use of one, though. it would be pretty easy to bring down an airliner with one.

Since when do we create laws based on "what ifs" and "maybes". Barrett still sells them to the other 49 states.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 01:03 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Since when do we create laws based on "what ifs" and "maybes".

My guess would be some time around the drafting of the Code of Hammurabi.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 01:40 pm
cjhsa wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Since when do we create laws based on "what ifs" and "maybes". Barrett still sells them to the other 49 states.

so, in other words, you really don't give a crap about securing the country from the same type of terrorists that brought 9/11 if it interferes with your joy of blasting the shite out of a 50 gallon drum with one round. right ?

you just lost all credibility.
0 Replies