Best Friends X girlfriend

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:40 am
So I have this problem, and don't know what to do. I've been single now for a few weeks, and have been liking it allot. I haven't really gone on any dates, or anything.

I am in this wedding, tonight is the rehearsal dinner, ect. Tomar. is the actual wedding. I don't have a date, and have been kind of bombed out about it.

Just lastnight, I was getting gas in town, and my bestfriends X-Girlfriend (like almost a year) came up to say hi, and see how I was doing ect. She had no idea that I was single. We where always flirty with each other, and what not, but knew where our lines where and when to stop. So lastnight, we talked at the gas station for a few min, when I asked if she wanted to come over to my house? She said sure, we went to my house, and talked for a few min, when one of her friends called. Cause she had forgot she had to meet them for dinner.

So before she left, I asked if she would be my date,
She said yes, and was wondering what time we will get back, cause this wedding is out of town, by about 2 hrs
She also said that she was going to show me a really good time, and make me forget all about my X-girlfriend.

I want to, I really do, but part of me doesn't want to risk my friendship. He told me like a few days ago that I should hook up with her, cause she is great.

So I don't know what to do, I thought of just asking him again, and making sure it is ok, cause if it isn't, no girl is worth loosing a friendship over. Specially one that their prob. isn't a future with. The way she made it sound is that she doesn't want a boyfriend, but is wanting to hook up the next few nights and reall mess around, as she hasn't been with a guy since my friend. This is good, as I don't really want a GF right now, but I wouldnt mind messing around.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 567 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
your friend gave u the green light.
Quote:
He told me like a few days ago that I should hook up with her, and have a good time for a night or two

so what's the problem?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:16 pm
Personally, I wouldn't go there. For two reasons basically, maybe three...

1) If she's all that great, how come your best friend and her are not still together?

2) Your friend could just be "stancing"...kind of a macho thing, but in actuality is testing the depth of your friendship and loyalty to him and you could end up losing his respect. Pick any other girl for a hook up, just not this one.

3) Don't ever let your little head think for your big head. It gets more men into trouble than they never bargained for.

My 2 Cents
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:17 pm
Isn't there an unwritten rule that says you never, under penalty of death, date a friends ex?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:17 pm
i thought the rule was that you never date a friend's current (memorie's a little cloudy -- been outta the game for quite some time...)

if he's done with her, she's fair game, no?

(BD, is that your eye?)
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:47 pm
I'd stay away from her.

There are plenty, plenty of women you could 'hook up' with or bring as a date. Anyone! Why choose the most complicated situation?!

I sound like a guy here, but find someone else to screw Very Happy
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:14 pm
That's the rule that I have always heard too, Bella. No matter if they have been broken up for 5 minutes or 5 years, it is a definite penalty of death ruling.
0 Replies