I think they should have paid extra...

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:45 pm
A customer called to complain that two of my female maintenance gardeners went skinny dipping in his pool. Apparently he and his wife came up early for the weekend and saw the girls, who are both VERY attractive and young, naked in the swimming pool of his weekend home. He actually complained! and said he felt he should not have to pay for the work they did. I spoke to the girls and they said they had finished work and took a quick dip. They were just getting out when the car came up the long driveway (the house is very secluded) and didn't have time to fully dress. They did apologize when it became obvious the people were very cranky.

The business rule is you do not use any facility without the owners direct permission and most of my customers are wonderful about letting crew members use pools, bathrooms, etc. when work is done. It's true the girls had never asked the owner's pool policy and they should have known better. But what guy would complain about two naked college students in his swimming pool? It's not like he had underage children in the car with him. The girls said he was more upset than is wife.

I'll guess I won't bill the guy, but he's fired as a customer just for being abnormal.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,880 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:14 pm
People!

Perhaps he's afraid of catching something? Or he's angry about his vanished youth? Or he has felt for a long time that his kids consider him an old fogie?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:17 pm
That is a guy who has lost all sense of what's important in life.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:17 pm
By the way, I don't have a pool, but how much would it cost me to have those two frolic naked in my bathtub for an hour or so?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:18 pm
Well, his wife was there the whole time, right?

I'd imagine he might react differently otherwise, and if there was a guarantee that his wife wouldn't find out.

"Methinks thou dost protest too much" and all that...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:20 pm
kickycan wrote:
By the way, I don't have a pool, but how much would it cost me to have those two frolic naked in my bathtub for an hour or so?

Not sure what I would charge for the bath, but they weed, mulch and prune for $45 an hour. That's both of them for $45. I'm thinking of raising my rates.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:22 pm
Artistic tableaux are worth at least $75 an hour.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:26 pm
sozobe wrote:

"Methinks thou dost protest too much" and all that...

We joked about this very thing. The girls said his wife looked a little surprised and embarrassed, but didn't say much. The guy just kept rambling on about how inconsiderate the girls were and that "anyone" could have come up to the house and might think something "illegal" was going on. Makes you wonder... On the phone he mostly stressed he didn't like the idea that the girls were dirty from gardening and didn't shower first. I quess I should have sent them over to Kicky's before the swim for that bath.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 09:29 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Artistic tableaux are worth at least $75 an hour.

Maybe they could learn synchronized swimming.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 07:57 am
Sorry Greenwitch, but I really have to side with the customer.

I wouldn't mind letting people working around my house use the bathroom, and I'd offer them drinks, even snacks. As a matter of fact, I've been feeding 3 guys working on my house lunch every day now for about 6 months (I know Jason likes lemonade, Calvin turkey breast and Jason the Red goes for tuna)

However, I don't want them getting naked on my property. I would be livid and they wouldn't be back again.

Why didn't your employees have MODEST swimwear they could change into, i.e. shorts and tank top? I mean, why don't your employees carry these things if sometimes its ok with the owners for them to take a swim?

No matter how secluded the customers house was, they were out of line. I don't think the wifes presence or absence had anything to do with it.

It seems yours and other posters view on naked swimming on someone elses property is alright, but this is a case where the customers view reigns, even though they don't coincide with yours.

PS - Why do you think it's abnormal not to want people swimming naked on your property?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:29 am
I am agreeing with Chai.

Finding two attractive young naked girls in my yard unexpectedly as I come home with my wife would be very akward. I don't think it would be titilating at all.

The fact that they were attractive would not make me "enjoy" it in any way. To the contrary it would make it more uncomfortable since as a husband, I would feel obligated to not show any sign of interest.

This was not a very "erotic" situation. It was just embarrassing for your customers.

It makes sense that the husband reacted the strongest of the pair. What your employees did was more uncomfortable for him than for anyone else.

In truth, as a man, I would be very offended if this happened to me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:39 am
Also with the customer. It is simply not appropriate for them to use his pool without permission. Nor the kitchen, for that matter, unless they have customer approval - with or without clothing.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:47 am
I have to side with customer too. I mean, I might not ask for a free service but I'd definitly call the company and ask what kind of business practices were in play. I don't think it's awful but I do think those girls are extremely rude. I'd have been upset if they'd been wearing bathing suits simply because I had not given permission and god forbid something happen to one of those girls.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:52 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Sorry Greenwitch, but I really have to side with the customer.

I wouldn't mind letting people working around my house use the bathroom, and I'd offer them drinks, even snacks. As a matter of fact, I've been feeding 3 guys working on my lunch every day now for about 6 months (I know Jason likes lemonade, Calvin turkey breast and Jason the Red goes for tuna)

However, I don't want them getting naked on my property. I would be livid and they wouldn't be back again.

Why didn't your employees have MODEST swimwear they could change into, i.e. shorts and tank top? I mean, why don't your employees carry these things if sometimes its ok with the owners for them to take a swim?

No matter how secluded the customers house was, they were out of line. I don't think the wifes presence or absence had anything to do with it.

It seems yours and other posters view on naked swimming on someone elses property is alright, but this is a case where the customers view reigns, even though they don't coincide with yours.

PS - Why do you think it's abnormal not to want people swimming naked on your property?

You really don't understand men, do you?

ebrown_p wrote:
I am agreeing with Chai.

You are officially kicked out of the man club, and will now be referred to by your new, non-man name, Alan Alda.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:58 am
I agree with Chai. The girls were there to work. When they went into the pool without permission, they were trespassing.

Kickycan wrote:

There is a larger issue here than cute girls swimming butt naked in a pool. It would not have mattered if the people in question were middle aged men. The concept is the same.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:16 am
kickycan wrote:

ebrown_p wrote:
I am agreeing with Chai.

You are officially kicked out of the man club, and will now be referred to by your new, non-man name, Alan Alda.

Well, actually that's part of it too....
Thinking back on my days of living with "mr. rock star", if it had been him and me pulling up and seen that.....he would have been pouring 1040 oil in the pool every day so the girls would have to come back and clean up (while I was at work) ah, memories.

Phoenix - Let's get Kicky, Gus and Slappy to be our pool boys.
They can scamper about and we can watch them play Snap the Towel.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:26 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Phoenix - Let's get Kicky, Gus and Slappy to be our pool boys.
They can scamper about and we can watch them play Snap the Towel.

I'll bet that the lot of them are quite adept at "snapping"! Laughing
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:32 am
Bullhicky!

I understand men... and most men are not so desparate and sex-starved that they would get off at the thought of nude landscapers simply because they were young and female.

Everything has its place. There are times and places where nudity is sexy and appropriate, and I enjoy them like any man. This situation wasn't sexy at all. It was awkward and nothing else.

Kicky, lusting over the thought of young naked coed lawn workers may be your idea of "manhood"...

... but real men have real relationships. You might try it some time.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:33 am
I'm agreeing with the customer as well.

Growing up, my sister and I as teens were often sent out around the country to state fairs and horse shows without adult supervision. As representatives of the family business, Dads last words as we pulled out of the drive was "What's the word?"

Our response was "Be professional."

Your girls were not being professional. They were not showing respect for the home owner. They were trespassing at that point where their reason for being on the property was no longer justified.

The homeowner likely views your workers as "hired hands" or service providers. He may think them to be below his stature in society and that swimming in his pool naked was showing a lack of respect. Some people feel that way.

No matter what his reasoning is. They were unprofessional.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:36 am
Yep, don't bill him and offer apologies.
0 Replies