SANSKRIT- WORLD'S ANCIENT LANGUAGE KNOWN

Alap

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 02:37 pm
Well, Sanskrit is the world's most ancient Language and have its origin in India.

India's home Religion is Hinduism, which has its old name as Vedanta.
In Hinduism there are four Holy Books, all of which are written in Sanskrit.

At present, Sanskrit is not a common language spoken. Rather its use have decayed.

There are reasons for its decay:
The most important reason is because it is quite a tough Language to be learned as compared to the others.
And also Hindi have been recognised as the National Language of India.

But as a matter of fact, Sanskrit is rather the most efficient Language ever created and used. To be more precise, it is a more scientific Language.

This Language have been recognised as the most wonderful language by the top Scholars and writters which include William Shakespeare, Karl Marx etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,083 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 03:11 pm
ok
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:06 pm
What Chai Tea said. What's your point, Alap?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:10 pm
This is a knowledge site, goys and birls, he is informing us.

Thanks, Alap . . .
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:34 pm
Good point Set - and Alap thanks for that, in fact I am going to see what I can find out about Sanskrit. I think it's not just an ancient language but he language from which many modern languages have descended but I would like to find out so I will.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 06:59 am
Setanta wrote:
This is a knowledge site, goys and birls, he is informing us.

thank you sir
0 Replies

Beena

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 12:36 am
You can call Sanskrit "efficient" but it is certainly not "scientific" because it distorts your very name if it does not end in an a. The name of Ram is made Rama by adding the : at the end of the name Ram in Sanskrit and so also for every other name. If my name was Been instead of Beena, it would make it Beena. On top of that it is definately tough. I studied it until grade 12 but I don't know much except the basics - the roops of lata and ram and stuff that you are made to learn by heart actually.

And I certainly don't see what is "wonderful" about it. It is difficult to read and understand. I'm not surprised people have adopted simple languages or simpler versions from it. If languages have descended from it actually then of course we must pay it due respect!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:10 am
Beena wrote:
And I certainly don't see what is "wonderful" about it. It is difficult to read and understand. I'm not surprised people have adopted simple languages or simpler versions from it. If languages have descended from it actually then of course we must pay it due respect!

All languages are wonderful and beautiful since they are means of communication. The simple fact that I do not understand a particular language or that it is difficult to learn does not negate its essential wonder.
0 Replies

Ellinas

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 07:55 am
Re: SANSKRIT- WORLD'S ANCIENT LANGUAGE KNOWN
Alap wrote:
Well, Sanskrit is the world's most ancient Language and have its origin in India.

India's home Religion is Hinduism, which has its old name as Vedanta.
In Hinduism there are four Holy Books, all of which are written in Sanskrit.

At present, Sanskrit is not a common language spoken. Rather its use have decayed.

There are reasons for its decay:
The most important reason is because it is quite a tough Language to be learned as compared to the others.
And also Hindi have been recognised as the National Language of India.

But as a matter of fact, Sanskrit is rather the most efficient Language ever created and used. To be more precise, it is a more scientific Language.

This Language have been recognised as the most wonderful language by the top Scholars and writters which include William Shakespeare, Karl Marx etc.

The earliest foundings of Sanskrit writings are of which age?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 08:47 am
Sanskrit is not an easy language"

Thats because after the beginnings of sentences you must start with the word ,twice then repeated twice more starting with a B adding a Boe and repeated with a B again, then we add a BANANA FANNA followed by a Foe. Following this each noun youd repeat the word twice again, except this time started with an F sound then follows a Mee Mie Mo (With name added again plainly). Its quite complex, but at least everything rhymes
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 09:00 am
Thank you Shirley Ellis.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 08:27 am
Re: SANSKRIT- WORLD'S ANCIENT LANGUAGE KNOWN
Ellinas wrote:
The earliest findings of Sanskrit writings are of which age?

Composed between approximately 2000 BC and 500 BC, Vedic literature forms the basis for the further development of Hinduism. The Sanskrit used in the Vedic period is highly archaic and pithy, and is called "Vedic Sanskrit"; it is almost impossible to understand some sections without the aid of commentaries. Vedic Sanskrit bears a strong resemblance to Avestan, the language in which the scriptures of Zoroastrianism are written.

The reason Sanskrit's called "Scientific" is because its rules of grammar were simplified by a grammarian called Panini in Mathematical Operations of Sandhi (addition), Visarga (Subtraction). So in natural Language Processing (a large field of AI) Sanskrit is the easiest language for computers to understand.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 08:36 am
farmerman wrote:

Thats because after the beginnings of sentences you must start with the word ,twice then repeated twice more starting with a B adding a Boe and repeated with a B again, then we add a BANANA FANNA followed by a Foe. Following this each noun youd repeat the word twice again, except this time started with an F sound then follows a Mee Mie Mo (With name added again plainly). Its quite complex, but at least everything rhymes

Laughing

U r kind aa correct.

In Sanskrit arrangement of words is IMMATERIAL. You can have Nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs or verbs arranged in ANY fashion. The meaning of the sentence remains the same.

"this you think understand guys can I" ..... Will mean "I think you guys can understand this".

Thats why for computers doing NLP, arrangement of words in a Sanskrit sentence does not matter. Hence language processing becomes EASY.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 04:47 am
Mercifully, Sanskrit's main influence in the development of other languages -- specifically, the Indo-European language group -- has been in the adoption of vocabulary, not syntax or any other aspect of grammar. For strange sentence construction, I prefer Swahili.
0 Replies

petros

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 12:03 am
farmerman wrote:

Tell me much more!
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:16 am
But i feel the greatest gift Sanskrit has offered me personally, is the Shlokas. They are absolutely enchanting.

The Bhagvad Shloka, Ganesh Stotra, Hanuman Chalisa (in Sanskrit) and the Gayatri Mantra.

Sound of OM rocks! Makes you spiritually clean.
0 Replies