What does it all mean? Getting feelings for coworker

Thu 5 Oct, 2023 08:15 am
I work at a hospital and am in charge of stocking certain departments with supply. In one of these departments is Natalie. Now one huge factor in this is we are both in relationships. We are also not as happy in them and I only know she is having issues due to one of her best friends working in my department and me over hearing it...

Anyway, I know that alone is a no no. But there is something about this girl that is really driving me bonkers inside in a good way.

Each time I put away supply, we talk some. We joke. She cracks me up. I find out things about her. And to be honest, just from what I know so far, this girl is my type and more. She is such a sweetheart and her sense of humor is incredible.

She is nice to everyone and talks to everyone but the way she talks and looks at me is different. Everytime she sees me, she puts on this smile. It drives me wild.

The other day we were talking and joking with each other but the whole time our eye contact stays glued and she had this smile on, and she played with her hair... it really made me feel something. I'm one that can't stay glued in like that. I need to look away a few times but with her, I can look all day. It's never happened before.

She invited me to a birthday party she's throwing for her little brother but I can't make it. So she offered to bring me some food because where she is getting it from is somewhere I went as a kid. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but just thought that was nice... smiling wide the whole time she was saying it, eyes glued to each other.

I felt something

I'm confused, don't know what to do. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe she's into me. I don't know. I just wish I met this girl years ago...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 820 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

neptuneblue

Thu 5 Oct, 2023 10:48 am
@Baycitylove,
What you're doing is called having an emotional affair, a form of cheating.

All because someone is nice to you doesn't mean they want to date you. Remind yourself you're working, she's working and leave it at that.

If you're not happy in your current relationship, end it. Take some time to determine how to move forward independently and grow healthy emotions to enter the next relationship without the baggage from the past.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 5 Oct, 2023 10:49 am
@Baycitylove,
Baycitylove wrote:

I work at a hospital and am in charge of stocking certain departments with supply. In one of these departments is Natalie. Now one huge factor in this is we are both in relationships. We are also not as happy in them and I only know she is having issues due to one of her best friends working in my department and me over hearing it...

Anyway, I know that alone is a no no. But there is something about this girl that is really driving me bonkers inside in a good way.

Each time I put away supply, we talk some. We joke. She cracks me up. I find out things about her. And to be honest, just from what I know so far, this girl is my type and more. She is such a sweetheart and her sense of humor is incredible.

She is nice to everyone and talks to everyone but the way she talks and looks at me is different. Everytime she sees me, she puts on this smile. It drives me wild.

The other day we were talking and joking with each other but the whole time our eye contact stays glued and she had this smile on, and she played with her hair... it really made me feel something. I'm one that can't stay glued in like that. I need to look away a few times but with her, I can look all day. It's never happened before.

She invited me to a birthday party she's throwing for her little brother but I can't make it. So she offered to bring me some food because where she is getting it from is somewhere I went as a kid. Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but just thought that was nice... smiling wide the whole time she was saying it, eyes glued to each other.

I felt something

I'm confused, don't know what to do. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe she's into me. I don't know. I just wish I met this girl years ago...

Baycity,

You have got to ask her out. She either says, "Yes"...and you go out...or she says something like, "I think it is not a good idea to go out with people you work with"...and you do not.

Personally, I think going out with someone at work is a very bad idea. If things go south...you've got an uncomfortable situation at work. But that is something you have got to deal with as YOU see fit.

Think about it carefully. Then...either ask her out or not.

0 Replies

Jamessmith0901

Thu 12 Oct, 2023 10:15 pm
@Baycitylove,
It's best to avoid acting on any feelings for Natalie as you both are currently in relationships. Consider reevaluating your situation and seeking guidance before making any decisions. Prioritize honesty and open communication.
0 Replies