The Best Advice about Marriage and/or Relationships

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 07:56 pm
What's the best advice you ever received about marriage and/or relationships? From my mother:

"Marry for the conversation, it's the only thing that lasts"

Post you best advice on this thread.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 877 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:06 pm
from mrs. hamburger - if you can't laugh with him, there's no point.

from hamburger's mother - make sure he's got a good pension.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i tend more toward mrs. hamburger's view. but mrs. hamburger senior mighta been onto something.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:26 pm
I can't say this is great advice, but...
A couple of years ago a buddy of mine went to see his dying grandfather in the hospital with his parents and two young sisters. Gramps sees my pal and says "come here, I've got some advice for you." He goes over to the bedside, sits down and says "what is it grampa?"
Gramps replies, "Be with as many women as you can."
My bud nearly died trying to hide his combination of laughter and embarrassment.

My personal motto is :
"Find someone you can stand."
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 01:40 am
I love that story, LionTamer! Very Happy

Something similiar happened to me when my step-dad was in the hospital passing away. He was constantly saying things like " That nurse is hot; don't you think?! He's very kind, even when people aren't looking. Ask him on a date!" He was always trying to hook me up with a nice guy.

I'd say it was my step-dad who gave me the best advice.
He once said " You are wonderful. Never settle. Don't waste your time with the wrong guys. Find someone to love who has a great heart - that is what matters. You want a guy who will take care of you; not try to kill you when you're sick!"
LOL.

Great advice, I have found.
0 Replies

bien

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:13 pm
I agree with LionTamer. Find someone you can "stand". Laughing

A woman I loved dearly always told me: When in doubt, think about it...cause you'll just end up with a different person and a different set of problems. Shocked
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:30 pm
Quote:
"Marry for the conversation, it's the only thing that lasts"

I like this one. However girls don't ever marry for this reason. They want to keep this guy on the side and marry a rich good looking guy with a huge wang.

LOL. i know you girls will love my take!

Whenever i decide to throw money around or act disrespectfull to a girl the start hanging from the nuts.
0 Replies

shmookiedoo

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 12:22 am
Best maritial advice I've ever gotten; short and sweet from hubby's grandmother: Take care of each other.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:59 am
I have to second that! It might be meaningless in the
beginning, but it becomes the most important thing if you're
seriously ill and need the help of your spouse.
0 Replies