real life

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 12:52 am
Bella Dea wrote:
real life wrote:

What would your response be to a rapist who claimed to be "born that way" ? What about serial killers who thrive on the sexual gratification it brings and claim to have no control over it?

Those kinds of people are born that way. They can control whether or not they kill or rape someone, but they can't help the desire to do so.

Hogwash.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 03:07 am
Re: Born Gay?
real life wrote:
CerealKiller wrote:
fdrhs wrote:
Are people born gay? Can we prove through DNA that someone was born to like the same sex? Do gay people make a CHOICE to be gay or to experiment in the gay world?
What is your view?

P.S. The Bible teaches that people make a choice to become gay. God made woman for man and vice-versa. What is your view?

At this point the most widely held opinion on causation of homosexuality is that multiple factors play a role. In other words scientists don't understand it very well.

One thing they do know is that there is a difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior.

Most human sexuality researchers believe that one's orientation is fixed and unchangeable before reaching school age. In other words once it is "fixed" you can't choose who you are attracted to.

What about pedophiles? Are you saying that they just can't help it if they are attracted to children?

No matter how this gets answered...what does it have to do with things?????
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:08 am
Re: Born Gay?
real life wrote:

What about pedophiles? Are you saying that they just can't help it if they are attracted to children?

Most probably they also can't help who they're attracted to.

The one BIG DIFFERENCE is if they act on their orientation...their behavior victimizes.
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 11:43 am
Well I'm back.
Stupid computer, it's been misbehaving.

Frank said.......Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE." Matthew 5: 17ff

Now you wrote:

[...When Jesus says he is the fulfillment of the law what do you think he means? [/quote]

I asked where does Jesus say he is the fulfillment of the law.

In this quote...he says he has come to fulfill the law (whatever that means)...

...but specifically notes that "..."...until Heaven and Earth pass away..."...nothing will have been fulfilled. Until that happens...nothing changes in the law...not one word is done away with...not one letter of one word...not one stroke of one letter.

So...back to my question. Where does Jesus say he is the fulfillment of the law?

My reply
Matt5:17,18 "Think not that I am come to destroy the the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you , Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

I'm not a bible scholar so this is only how I view the above verses.
Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law so it will be in effect- till heaven and earth pass away.
The wages of sin is death.
There will come a day of reckoning, a day when all the law will be fulfilled completely. A day when everyone has given account of their lives and been judged.
Does that mean that someone cannot find that fullfillment for themselves now through Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross? Sure they can.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 12:39 pm
auroreII wrote:
Well I'm back.
Stupid computer, it's been misbehaving.

Frank said.......Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you: UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, NOT THE SMALLEST LETTER OF THE LAW, NOT THE SMALLEST PART OF A LETTER, SHALL BE DONE AWAY WITH UNTIL IT ALL COME TRUE." Matthew 5: 17ff

Now you wrote:

[...When Jesus says he is the fulfillment of the law what do you think he means?

I asked where does Jesus say he is the fulfillment of the law.

In this quote...he says he has come to fulfill the law (whatever that means)...

...but specifically notes that "..."...until Heaven and Earth pass away..."...nothing will have been fulfilled. Until that happens...nothing changes in the law...not one word is done away with...not one letter of one word...not one stroke of one letter.

So...back to my question. Where does Jesus say he is the fulfillment of the law?

My reply
Matt5:17,18 "Think not that I am come to destroy the the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For verily I say unto you , Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

I'm not a bible scholar so this is only how I view the above verses.
Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law so it will be in effect- till heaven and earth pass away.
The wages of sin is death.
There will come a day of reckoning, a day when all the law will be fulfilled completely. A day when everyone has given account of their lives and been judged.
Does that mean that someone cannot find that fullfillment for themselves now through Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross? Sure they can.[/quote]

I'm not sure where you are going with this, Aurore.

You asked me
Quote:
When Jesus says he is the fulfillment of the law what do you think he means?

I've asked you where Jesus ever said his is the fulfillment of the law.

You have yet to show a passage where Jesus says that he is the fulfillment of the law.

And I still have absolutely no idea of what "fulfillment of the law" even means.

Now you are talking about people "fulfilling" themselves.

What in the heck does that mean?

Where is this going?
0 Replies