How to reconcile boyfriend with adult daughter

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 03:29 am
My adult daughter is really against my boyfriend of 2 years. While she raised some concerns about his inconsiderate behavior on some occasions I have discussed it with him and he’s much improved. Of course I don’t know if it’s permanent but time will tell.

At this point I got him to defer living together for another 9 months but my daughter keeps on me to break up with him. For now I’m happy but still kept sure long term. My daughter says I’m wasting my time.

I don’t want to lead him on but we really enjoy each others company and love each other but I don’t know if I’ll be ready in 9 months or ever to sell my home and live with him.

What’s the “right” thing to do here?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 739 • Replies: 8
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 04:03 am
@Adventurer1623,
You raised your kid to obey the idea of relationship and take things like marriage seriously. She will be like that for life until she goes for broke and wants attention to her own babies. Trust me.

Just say "mommy needs hers, lead , follow, or move out.

The solution is just to marry her off or divide the house so she has one entrance and you have another.

I know as bed-sharers you need privacy and your daughter might as well scream pedo or rape, or whatever lesbian-bs that she has been programmed.

All children no matter what age feels this way until they are not in the house
Adventurer1623

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 04:11 am
@PoliteMight,
She’s married and lives far away. She’s trying to get pregnant but has had issues.
Adventurer1623

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 04:13 am
@Adventurer1623,
Also I need to go for a biopsy in 12 days she doesn’t know about. I’m already anxious and hope she doesn’t go ballistic when I tell her I’m not breaking it off after i return from the trip as I had mentioned to her before.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 12:56 pm
@Adventurer1623,
You've been asking the same question under different names for years now.

Do you really expect to get a different answer this time?
Mame

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 01:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, and there's nothing we can do to help you.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 01:26 pm
@Mame,
A lot of people don't come here for advice, they've already made their minds up and are only interested in hearing something that supports that decision.

Btw, you're right, I am beyond help.
Mame

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2023 04:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Btw, you're right, I am beyond help.

No doubt about it! Check out my sig line Smile
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2023 12:15 am
Yikes
0 Replies