Machine Intelligence and Morality

Sat 15 Jul, 2023 07:22 pm
Is a moral algorithm important to the future development of A.I.?

Jasper10

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 12:16 am
@neologist,
What do you mean.A list of rules? Why would you need rules if +=- and -=+

You are implying that the creator of that AI cares about morality even though that creators foundational philosophy doesn’t care about it because that creators philosophy claims that +=- and -=+

I would suggest that that creator needs to sort itself out before it try’s to teach AI about morality.

Jasper10

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 01:08 am
@Jasper10,
Why would scientists even begin to think that rules are required for AI at the foundational design level if their own foundational ideas about philosophy claim that +=- and -=+? Are you implying is that -=- and +=+ needs to be built into AI software as well?

Frank Apisa

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 03:38 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Is a moral algorithm important to the future development of A.I.?

I doubt it.

I suspect the "moral imperative" of any AI creations will be the same as for all non-AI living things...survival above all things.

I suspect that if AI creations see anything as a threat to their survival, they will do their best to eliminate that thing...and no moral algorithm will counterman that inclination.

I suspect that the next progression in the evolution of humans toward "godhood" is what the AI progression will produce. As soon as AI creations get advanced enough to see what humans mean to their continued survival...and the continued survival of Planet Earth...they will effectively eliminate humanity. (Perhaps keeping a small contingent in a zoo-like environment for possible future study.)

The way things are going, it is hard for me not to be rooting for them.
hightor

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 05:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
As soon as AI creations get advanced enough to see what humans mean to their continued survival...and the continued survival of Planet Earth...they will effectively eliminate humanity.

They'll design and construct their own 3D printers and produce animated servants out of the microplastics distilled from human bodies!
Jasper10

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 07:20 am
@Jasper10,
You are forgetting one thing though and it a big forget.

Survival of the fittest is based upon. +=- and -=+ logic being correct but it only has as a 50% chance of being correct.+/-=+/- is 100% correct however.

I will also remind you again that the electromagnetic forces in nature between 2 spinning objects cannot be cancelled out in nature.You can only vibratory balance these forces by the formula +/-=+/-.

If there is a scientist in the world that disagrees with this then they will need to provide the definitive proof.

You are both mistaken.
Frank Apisa

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 08:09 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
As soon as AI creations get advanced enough to see what humans mean to their continued survival...and the continued survival of Planet Earth...they will effectively eliminate humanity.

They'll design and construct their own 3D printers and produce animated servants out of the microplastics distilled from human bodies!

Yup. I am sure they will devise humorously interesting ways to do what must be done to ummm...further human evolution!
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 08:42 am
@Jasper10,
Whilst completely ignoring what is actually happening in nature as they have always done in their complete and utter ignorance which is why + and - have been separated on both sides of the fence and vibratory balanced by the equal but opposite electromagnetic forces in nature in line with the perfect formula +/-=+/- As I say, if there is a scientist in the world who can dispute this then let them try.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 04:41 pm
Asimov's 3 Laws. I think so, when it applies.

My own mother had a scary encounter with an AI a few years ago. She had two household cleaning robots and one day they came to her and said, "Mrs. Jones" (not our real name), we think we see something unusual at the rear of the oven. We're not sure what it is or if it's dirt. Could you please stick your head in there and take a look?

She was not fooled and had them shut down permanently and disposed of.
neologist

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 05:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Hi Frank!
neologist

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 05:59 pm
@Brandon9000,
Gosh! I wonder what it was. 🫤
Frank Apisa

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 06:16 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Hi Frank!

Yo...Neo.

Holy moley!

Been a long time old friend!

Hope all is well with you and yours.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 06:19 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Just re-read your bio to see what I had forgotten. Actually, I forgot you are almost as old as I am.

Anyway, I have always called you Neo. You mentioned you changed your name because people where calling you Neo. Wassup?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 06:59 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

She did look after we shut them down and, as she thought, there was nothing there. It's pretty clear that it was some kind of insurrection.
0 Replies

mesquite

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 07:03 pm
@neologist,
Hi neologist! Great to see you posting again.
BTW I was rather fond of your other avatar even if it didn't denote that you were older than the hills as am I.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 16 Jul, 2023 11:18 pm
@Jasper10,
+/-=+/- is the united formula for all the sciences and is made up of all the 4 off logic possibilities -/-…-/+….+/-….+/+ You are able to get any one of these individual logics from this united formula because the + and - toggle on either side of the fence.This formula translates into science as the electromagnetic force interactions between 2 spinning electromagnets.As I have mentioned many times, it is impossible to cancel out these force interactions in nature.All you can do is vibratory balance them using this formula.This formula is perfect philosophically and it is symmetrical.The psychological can also be explained by this formula including the consciousness experience which is directly related to electromagnetic force interactions within the brain.
Science is wasting its time with +=- and -=+ half logic as the foundational starting point for all its theories.Half logic theories were always doomed to failure by observation.Science based upon this logic is unsymmetrical.
The gravity theory which is nothing more than an invented mathematical construct is a half logic attraction theory which was invented following the incorrect assumption that the electromagnetic forces in nature cancelled out which they don’t.This theory in no way explains what is happening in the universe at any level.

Jasper10

Mon 17 Jul, 2023 12:15 am
@Jasper10,
Nature creates full logic software by means of electromagnetic force interactions.

There are 4 off interactions -/- (0/0)……-/+(0/1)…..+/-(1/0)….+/+(1/1)
Jasper10

Mon 17 Jul, 2023 01:23 am
@Jasper10,
The universe needs a full logic software and a realistic scientific explanation as to how that full logic software is created. You need a full logic software for AI so why would we believe that it is any different for the construction of the universe and everything associated with it?
Jasper10

Mon 17 Jul, 2023 06:08 am
@Jasper10,
The potential of scientists having to teach AI morality.....lol.......I've heard it all now. Scientists don't do morality, it goes against all of their foundational beliefs which is why their science is nonsense and failing by observation.

They are obviously worried that AI will adopt their own morality of survival of the fittest. I'm sure that AI will figure out the hypocrisy of its creator very quickly.I would suggest that that is the biggest worry for the programmers.
htam9876

Mon 17 Jul, 2023 09:18 am
Wasp forgot what’s his glory: those days talked about “self”. Piggy still remember it. Those days he didn’t look like AI, but the leading philosopher.
http://dingyue.ws.126.net/2021/0518/fa44ccb5g00qt9fbo007rc0006o006og.gif
0 Replies