Welcome to the New Members!

dlowan

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 02:26 pm
And welcome, all!
0 Replies

Mariadelagandara

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 11:08 pm
Greetings
Hello to all Very Happy I am new here, and have some poems to post , so I thank you if you let me , I found this site with googles search , looking for poetry forums. So I hope you all enjoy my free verses and poems.
Love and Light Rev. Maria De La Gandara.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2004 11:44 pm
Welcome, Mariadelagandara! I too am a poet. I believe I can offer you some fairly stiff competition. Maybe we can get some "dueling poems" going.

Here's an example of my poetic prowess...

The Duck

And, please, do not feel intimidated. I have been in the poetry business for a very long time.

Again, welcome. I look forward to our poetry competition.

Gustav
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 05:50 am
Gustav you are incorrigible.

But I think you should be corriged straight away.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 05:54 am
gus- You deserve a Nobel Prize in literature for that! What insight, what marvelous use of the language! Laughing
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 07:06 am
Re: Vegetable Shortening vs Vegetable Suet
Toby_Stevenson wrote:
Greetings and Salutations unto the denizens of Able to Know.

My name (as you may have guessed from my ever so slick handle) is Toby Stevenson.

I'm currently living in a residence for overseas graduate students in London, England called Goodenough college. My wife and myself are both Canadians and our homebase is Toronto. We are in London for one year due to a scholarship my lovely spouse received to study advocacy in the British legal system; she's a lawyer back in the land of the Mapleleaf.

I'm starting a job teaching english as a foreign language on Oxford street on Monday, this is quite a departure from my previous line of work in Canada, working as a programmer for a large bank.

I stumbled across this site while searching on Google for the difference between vegetable shortening and vegetable suet, and as soon as I finish this post I'll be heading on over to the food and drink forum to see if one of the knowledgable folks over there can supply the answer for me.

Toby Stevenson

Welcome Toby, and welcome to the world of EFL/ESL - come down and see how a little country language school does it sometime(Edit (Moderator): Link removed) - I'm half-owner Smile. Very different from Oxford Street! Good luck.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2004 10:30 am
Hi Toby

It's about time we had another London meet and so how would you fancy meeting up?
We can muster five or six, maybe more, on a good day. After Gautam has been to the States in Feb, of course

McTag
0 Replies

Miss DuveSsa

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:13 am
hello! I'm new here ;-) My name is Charlotte and I'm from Belgium. So excuse me if I make mistakes in my English, I only began with my first year of english in school so.. :p I just wanted to say hello and if you need to know something more about me, go ahead and ask:D

Greetings, Miss DuveSsa (aka Charlotte:))
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 10:34 am
Welcome Miss DuveSsa! Your English is excellent. Very Happy
0 Replies

Toby Stevenson

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 12:34 pm
Clary, I'd love to come and see the school at some point, but I have a feeling that every weekend for the next few months is going to be spent visiting relatives I've not seen in a decade.

McTag, I might be interested in the London get together. Which forum will you post details about it in?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 01:13 pm
Ah, there you are, Toby. Good man. How are you getting on in old London Town?

Well, we can post on this thread, send personal messages (PMs) to any recalcitrant backsliders, resurrect the old London Meet thread, or start a new London Meet thread.

Probably all of these things.

Look here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=528507#528507

I'll be back. My tea's ready.

McT
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 08:25 pm
Toby_Stevenson wrote:
McTag, I might be interested in the London get together. Which forum will you post details about it in?

Toby - welcome to A2K!
And don't believe them about a London meet - I flew to London last year to meet everyone (a not inconsiderable step, considering where I live) - and they all left town {even the queen } Evil or Very Mad - except for dear Gautam
!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 02:08 am
First you say that the queen left the town and then you say Gautam met me - jeez make up yr mind Laughing Twisted Evil
0 Replies

linlam

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:18 am
Good morning all! I'm Lin. Thank you for the welcome PM. I found this site whilst 'googling' a book reference.
It seems a friendly place, so I'll probably stop by often. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:28 am
Welcome all Newbies :-D
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:42 am
Gautam wrote:
First you say that the queen left the town and then you say Gautam met me - jeez make up yr mind Laughing Twisted Evil

We don't think of you as a queen, Gautam dear. We think you're a prince. {{smooch}}
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:58 am
Gautam wrote:

Well - that gave me a good laugh!!

Of course, I meant that other queen - ya know - that mousy grandma type! Certainly not you - O great one!
0 Replies

Rockin

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:27 pm
Re: Welcome to the New Members!
Hi... I'm Rockin'! And I'm trying to understand politics. Please bear with me, if my questions seem simplistic, but I really would like to know! To give you an example, thanks to the CNN web-site, I found out what a caucus is. But, I still don't know why Iowa is the chosen state. Why not my home state of Illinois?! Anyways, I'm a quick study, so it doesn't take me long to understand things I'm unfamiliar with. This is the first time in my life I've really been interested in politics. So... Thanks for your help, ahead of time!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:47 pm
Good deal, Rockin', and welcome. You'll probably learn as much as you want about politics here, and then some. Expect to be treated with as much civility as you show to others.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 03:47 pm
Rockin'- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

This site describes the caucus system better than I can.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/question721.htm
0 Replies