WELCOME to all the Newbies. c.i.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:39 am
A hearty UK welcome to all newbies
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 01:59 am
Another UK welcome to all newbies - hope to see a lot of you on the forum !
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2004 04:00 am
And a FURTHER UK welcome to all the Newbies!! Are we the most hospitable nation or what??
0 Replies

blue

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 08:29 pm
hi, i'm blue. i actually found this place while googling for a poetry forum to discuss and critique poetry. i'm still in shock at how many separate forums there are for things. is there anything that you don't talk about here? Very Happy

blue
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 11:16 pm
Well, poetry for one Laughing

Sorry, Blue. Sometimes I lose control and say things like that. Welcome.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 07:04 am
Welcome Blue:D
0 Replies

Arthur

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:39 pm
hello All,

It's Arthur here from Beijing China, an EFL teacher
at an Adult Education Institute. I'm very pleased to meet all of you. Thanx in advance for your friendship and help. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:41 pm
Welcome, welcome everyone :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:43 pm
Welcome, Arthur.

I look forward to seeing you and all the other new members around the boards!
0 Replies

Arthur

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 09:58 pm
Hi ehBeth, So thrilled to read your warm words to me.
That was such a prompt reply,for which I'm really grateful.
I'm still having problems using this Forum yet.
But i guess i'll manage.
[/QUOTE]
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
Sir Winston Churchill
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 10:04 pm
Arthur - this is a lovely site. Lots of friendly people, interesting discussions and debates (and word games). If you're having specific problems - go to the top of your page - right side - hit that help !
0 Replies

Acomtha

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2004 11:44 pm
Hi,
A very nice site you have here. I found this site by looking on Google in the hope of finding a nice attractive board for my friends as our board that we had posted on for several years is closing at the end of the week. Sad

Which is why I'm here.

I enjoy good discussions, usually having to do with Bible and Christianity, and friendships that develop as a result.

Hope to find both.

Acomtha Very Happy
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:31 am
Hi

I am new to this site and I already like the way it is set up with all different tools. I imagine that it will take me awhile to get used to it all.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 07:35 am
Welcome to all, we have a lot of different news and views, truly catholic tastes!
0 Replies

Acomtha

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 12:28 pm
Thanks for the welcome
Is this actually a Catholic website? If so, I thought that it might be, wasn't sure. Oh, I'm not Catholic, that doesn't matter I hope. You have a nice site here and I hope to enjoy it for a long while. Very Happy

Now I just have to look around and get aquainted with what is being discussed before jumping in... :wink:

Acomtha
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 12:42 pm
Acomtha- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

I was concerned when I saw the word "catholic" that it would be misunderstood. The word "catholic", with a small "c" means universal.

Quote:
cath·o·lic (kăth'ə-lĭk, kăth'lĭk)
adj.
Of broad or liberal scope; comprehensive: "The 100-odd pages of formulas and constants are surely the most catholic to be found" (Scientific American).
Including or concerning all humankind; universal: "what was of catholic rather than national interest" (J.A. Froude).

Actually, we have everyone here from the devoutly religious of many religions, to the agnostic, the atheist, and the secular humanist. That is what makes A2K so interesting. We discuss many issues, from a varied perspective. Enjoy!
0 Replies

Acomtha

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 04:44 pm
Hi,
I knew that too, just failed to see the small c. Embarrassed Have had that happen to me before. Is something I will have to get used to that when catholic is mentioned with a small c it is meant to mean universal church. Thanks,

ac

I edited to add...thanks for the welcome. I like that us new ones are just hatched, makes me feel young again. Very Happy
0 Replies

Codo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 06:39 pm
Hello everyone!
A friend told me about this site. It looks very nice. I think I'll be spending a lot of my time in the original poetry forum reading other people's poetry.

Codo
0 Replies

Acomtha

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:01 pm
Re: Hi
revel wrote:

I am new to this site and I already like the way it is set up with all different tools. I imagine that it will take me awhile to get used to it all.

Hi revel,

I read your message earlier and even posted here and didn't realize that I should have known you Question Now I really do feel foolish! Embarrassed Sorry about that didn't mean to pass you up.

Glad you came. This site really is easier to follow than b-net, although I do like b-net also.

Acomtha
0 Replies