so where is everybody from?
not trying to be a freaky intertnet guy

I m from Beantown Mass,
Sorry I am a freaky internet guy Laughing
0 Replies

Synopsis Psyche

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:47 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Synop, As one ages and reaches senior status, bragging rights are freely expressed as well as personal problems we've had during our somewhat 'long' life. Secrets are no longer the realm of the day. We have learned to share the good with the bad. BTW, you don't have to use 1,000 dollar words here; we all understand basic English.

um, i believe my reply was basic english. no "big" words, or thousand dollar words to quote you

age is a prison, you can't talk as though your farther advanced then me, and vice versa, you can't assume due to age. people learn from life, and you can't honestly say just because your, sorry i forgot what you stated your age as, but i think you said your retired, so i'll just say 60, and i'll call my age 20, but anyway just because your 3 times as old, means you've automatically have had more life experience, i'm sure some aspects, you have, and again, vice versa, i don't claim to be anything, other then myself. i fail to see validity in your above quote, your summing things up as you said "we have learned....", thats putting everyone in the same boat, only due to age, and that is wrong

and just so you know, i'm not mad at any of your quotes, i consider this good conversation, you can learn from everything, and this is no different. i can use that same quote, but instead of "we", i'm just going to keep it at "i", i can't speak for my peers, nor can i say how you came up, what made you, ect.... that forms this topic, not age

as i said, good convo
0 Replies

Hebite

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:05 am
Hi everybody!
so happy 2 join u on this terrific site!
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:34 am
Hi Hebite and welcome
Glad you joined Very Happy
0 Replies

Anonymous

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:21 pm
Hey all
Just saying hey to everyone here. I hope to become a good contributer to these forums.
0 Replies

MU55

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:24 pm
Hi there,
I'm glad to join your forum and hope to learn a lot from your guys there
0 Replies

Brother Jesse

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:00 pm
Hello to all senior and newly-arrived members of this site.

I'm Brother Jesse: thinker, amateur philosopher, organizer of my own faith, amateur freelance writer, and agnostic. I was once a Methodist, then an Atheist, then an Anti-theist, and now am an Agnostic with faith. I hope I can at least make a few friends here and I look forward to future discussions with all of you.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 07:48 pm
Welcome, one and all!
0 Replies

Too dam raw

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 04:26 am
Thank u thank u very helpful. I will be alright now
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:29 am
Brother Jesse, welcome. I'd love to see you interact with Frank Apia and EdgarBlythe...they have the lively philosophy threads going at times.
0 Replies

rarman

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:07 am
Intro
Hi All,
I was asked to post a intro. I'm a small time IT guy living in South Texas. Found this forum looking for help on removing the dreaded VX2 trojan. Seems like a good forum and everyone seemed so helpful I decided to sign up. Looking forward to some lively conversation.
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 03:40 pm
Hi rarman, 00 Agent Kid, MU55
and Brother Jesse
welcome to A2K Very Happy
0 Replies

VooDoo

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:57 pm
*waves to all*

Hi, I just recently stumbled into this website and out of proper netiquette will post a little intro. I'm a commerce/law student from Australia (currently also employed in the IT industry) with broad interests encompassing international law, politics, classical philosophy, literature, metaphysical poetry, modern and ancient history, film and pop culture. Smile Hope to make some valuable contributions, critically engage in debates and basically, have some fun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 08:04 pm
Welcome to a2k, VooDoo, Don77, Rarman, and all who've joined since I last welcomed folks. Glad you could join us..
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:25 pm
<psst> .... Ossobuco ....

.... Don77's been around for exactly 5 months. Very Happy

.... and helping fix everyone's computer along the way, I've noticed. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:32 pm
I thought so, figured I was confused and he was really a newbie. Flipping back to oh, yeah, hi, Don...
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 10:55 pm
Quote:
Don77's been around for exactly 5 months

Hmm and I didn't get no presents ????????

Hiya Ticomaya and ossobuco
Always enjoy a nice welcome !!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:16 pm
Good then. What would you like for a present? (I did actually notice you were helping a lot of people. Just spaced on it. ('tis my way..)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:21 pm
hmm, Don's got a good posting pace. He'll be eligible to slap Gus right soon. Maybe we can get him some gloves to do the slapping with?
0 Replies