Welcome to the New Members!

DocGliss

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
Hi everybody! "Doc" is a nickname I acquired from a friend; I'm not a real doctor, although I do have illegible handwriting and a penchant for using big words. I love guitars, movies, and science. Another friend stumbled upon this place and thought I'd like it; I am inclined to agree!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:10 am
Good morning and welcome! :-D
0 Replies

DocGliss

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:12 pm
Thanks Jespah! An adorable Boston terrier and the Coen brothers...I'm starting to feel at home already! Well, besides that, there are a lot of my family and friends who really do call that noisy thing they put on emergency vehicles a "syreen".
0 Replies

neomew8530

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:38 pm
HI
hi everyone I just joined.
0 Replies

micama

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:28 pm
I was looking for an answer for my ever ending problem with annoying pop ups xlime, offeroptimizer etc and came across your site. Your information helped me greatly.

I am a mother of 3 boys aged 22, 17 and 9 married and live in australia.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 11:00 pm
micama, We have several Aussie members on a2k. You'll feel right at home. Welcome.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 11:11 pm
No wonder you have so many pop-ups...with that brood on the computer...lol
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 11:19 pm
im 22 as well.. so if you need any insight to the mind of such age... just let me know and i will give you some answer that im sure wont understand... but hey... at least im trying to help.
0 Replies

micama

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 04:19 am
I'm feeling at home already Smile

Quote:
No wonder you have so many pop-ups...with that brood on the computer...lol

my sons all have there own computers panzade.

My 17 year old has self taught himself all those animation 3d programs and wants to enter that field, he has bought 2 computer already and enjoys playing games with my 9 year old online.

Re my 22 year old seed, well what can I say. He is always busy busy busy. He does not live at home anymore but lives locally. He is in the IT industry and works for a company installing and dealing with software on computers all around the world but mainly in the US. He hates it when he is on night shift roster.

see you all around Smile
0 Replies

shortty

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:09 pm
hi all
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I was recommended this site by a friend and after browsing through it for a short time I can tell I will be here alot. Laughing
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:25 pm
well just so you know this place is very addicting... its best to take it in small quanities through out the day...

and call me in the morning.

welcome to a2k
0 Replies

heartbroke15

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:45 am
glad to be at this site thanks.
0 Replies

Synopsis Psyche

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:59 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
anthony, Welcome to a2k, but I'm afraid I got you beat by a Polish mile. My iq is 100, but I've also worked in management during most of my professional career. When I was in the US Air Force back in the late fifties, I got my promotion to E4 within 18 months. After I earned my degree in Accounting and went to work for Florsheim Shoe Company, I was promoted to Audit Manager within 3.5 years. I've worked in management for the rest of my working life (also did consulting work), and retired early at 63. Wink I have bragging rights too!

i wasn't attempting asininity, i gave a "intro" that was descriptive, but one i felt fine with being online. i'm here for knowledge, as stated, so i would of course give somewhat of a bio that suits that. no bragging involved and no chip on my shoulders
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:26 pm
Synop, As one ages and reaches senior status, bragging rights are freely expressed as well as personal problems we've had during our somewhat 'long' life. Secrets are no longer the realm of the day. We have learned to share the good with the bad. BTW, you don't have to use 1,000 dollar words here; we all understand basic English.
0 Replies

cygonaut

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 01:58 am
cygonaut
Hello.

I'm a space development activist, Atheist, and a liberal.

I'm working on inciting an economicly viable space initiative involving mining near asteroids, dormant comets, and the outer rings of Saturn.

I'm also interested in inciting a well deserved disgust for the Bush Administration and all such radical reactionaries everywhere.

Inciting riots would only be a last resort but will always remain an option.

I try to always substantiate and even demonstrate my claims except where any of my personal sexual peculiarities might come into question.

I'm always courteous and never verbally pound my opponents. At worse, I might bash their heros instead.

Love,
George (aka "cygonaut")
0 Replies

raysky

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 08:13 am
I'd like to introduce myself---raysky.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 08:16 am
Welcome to A2k, Raysky. Smile
0 Replies

haley

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 12:31 pm
Hi
Hi to everyone, new in this community... hope make some friends and learn new things....
0 Replies

10isking

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 07:27 pm
heyhey
how ya do?
I am 10_isking and this site looks pretty awsome.
0 Replies

10isking

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 07:41 pm
so where is everybody from?
not trying to be a freaky intertnet guy. I am jsut curious to see how far out this forum spreads to.
0 Replies