Met a new girl

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 12:29 am
Met a women and 2 of her friends (1 male, 1 female) at a music festival, We danced, exchanged vapers, I told her some jokes I think she really liked, compliment her style and clothes, she show me her tatoos.
Whenever we would move somewhere like to a bar or bathroom she would motion me to come with her even when i was trying to lay back to not be too clingy.
I'm 29 and she's 27.
Doesn't drink alcohol as she was holding a bottle of water before I met her and got a new bottle at a bar later on. (her friends did drink tho)
Generally got a vibe that she may be more shy and introverted, very pretty as confirmed by my friends.
Whole ordeal was about 2-3 hours.
At the end we exchanged social media and she gave me a BIG HUG. Didn't try to kiss her cuz i'm an idiot?
She lives in another small town 170 kilometers away and was here for the music festival.
I text her the day after with some jokes and she was very respondent with emojis smiles, heart etc.
1.Would texting her daily be a mistake?
2.Should I just tell her if she is in my city again to contact me and be done with texting?
3. Should I visit her town?

TLDR. Met a girl at music festival, we vibed for 2-3 hours, got a hug and didn't go for a kiss. She lives in a town 150kilometers away. What to do?Met a women and 2 of her friends (1 male, 1 female) at a music festival, We danced, exchanged vapers, I told her some jokes I think she really liked, compliment her style and clothes, she show me her tatoos.
Whenever we would move somewhere like to a bar or bathroom she would motion me to come with her even when i was trying to lay back to not be too clingy.
I'm 29 and she's 27.
Doesn't drink alcohol as she was holding a bottle of water before I met her and got a new bottle at a bar later on. (her friends did drink tho)
Generally got a vibe that she may be more shy and introverted, very pretty as confirmed by my friends.
Whole ordeal was about 2-3 hours.
At the end we exchanged social media and she gave me a BIG HUG. Didn't try to kiss her cuz i'm an idiot?
She lives in another small town 170 kilometers away and was here for the music festival.
I text her the day after with some jokes and she was very respondent with emojis smiles, heart etc.
1.Would texting her daily be a mistake?
2.Should I just tell her if she is in my city again to contact me and be done with texting?
3. Should I visit her town?

TLDR. Met a girl at music festival, we vibed for 2-3 hours, got a hug and didn't go for a kiss. She lives in a town 150kilometers away. What to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 491 • Replies: 10
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 01:16 am
@Johny223,
You used the word ordeal to describe the meeting.

I think you've answered your own question.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 04:20 am
@Johny223,
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 04:38 am
@Johny223,
Tell her you'd like to meet again soon for coffee and a chat, either in her town, your town or in between.

Johnny waited wondring what he would do
When the music stopped he needed a clue
Met a girl there with a tattoo or two
The future was wide open

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 06:45 am
@izzythepush,
That struck me, too.

I just do not remember meeting people being this hard when I was young.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 07:02 am
@izzythepush,
I think he just used the wrong word; didn't come across as an ordeal to me.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 07:08 am
@Mame,
It didn't but he said it did.

It's his vocabulary, the fact that he said ordeal instead of something more neutral like encounter says a lot.

If it's the wrong word it's a strange choice.

An ordeal is something unpleasant one has to go through, like a trip to the dentists.
cherrie

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 07:10 am
@izzythepush,
I feel like English is not his first language, there are a couple of other slightly odd word choices as well.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 07:14 am
@cherrie,
Well maybe.

He knows how he feels.
0 Replies

Johny223

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 08:22 pm
@izzythepush,
English is not my first language.
It wasn't an ''ordeal''
It was one of the most enjoyable nights I had in many years.
Funny how 1 miss used word can change the whole meaning of the message
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2023 08:30 am
@Johny223,
You're doing fine. Hang in. At least you'll get some experience with American vernacular English - and some English vernacular English, too. And some Canadian and some Australian, and then there's Walter, a German with the best English here.Welcome!
0 Replies