Can a gay man have a relationship with a woman and have normal sex life?

mimas4o

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 02:42 pm
Hello everyone! Thank you very much for the time give to read my question.
I am 23 years old who have never had a relationship, nor sex afairs. Since little I knew I was sexually attracted to men. But since I got in my 20s I fell something for a friend of mine who is straight. I know there isnt anything I can do about it but it makes so confused. I want to be with a woman but I am afraid to get into a relationship because I don't think I am manly enough and I can meet the sexual needs she might have. What I mean is, as a gay person, though who have never have experience with both genders, I am afraid I wont be araused enough to please the needs a woman haves. I am more emotionally attached to girls but feel sexually attracted to men. The problem is fall for straight men which have strong masculine character and appereance. When it come to me, no one knows or thinks I am gay and everyone expects me one day to have a girlfriend. I do really wish that to, but I feel so many different things inside my body toward men and I really feel down. I even get depressed by the fact that I might have the chance to have a woman in my life to experience what other guys do and even have a family one day. I know I should first date and experience but it's that I can't find that arausal in woman and it is very hard for me to get into a relationship. It is just that I seek for the perfect soulmate, but it is hard when you cant feel the attraction to woman. Yes, I can say which woman is beautiful and which is not, but only that. My question is: How can I overcome the fear of woman and sex with a woman so I can see for me who really I am. And if so, can I still be with a woman and have normal sex life? How can I start experimenting so I can find myself? Or if do go for experiencing something with a man, is there a possibility not to feel anyhthing about woman and screwing my even slight chance with being with a woman. It is really important for me to know if I can live like this? I have really hard time accepting myself and even start living normally. Thank you in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 841 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 May, 2023 07:45 pm
@mimas4o,
Imagine you're the woman in this hypothetical relationship you think you may want to have in the future.

How is she going to feel once she realizes she's not doing it for you? Of course sexual arousal etc., isn't all there is to relationships. But you're really just in it for what you refer to as a "normal" relationship.

Except it's not normal for you.

You're creating a situation where she's basically a means to end and nothing more. But sheesh, you can have a kid without a wife. Adoption, surrogacy... you get the picture.

Do yourself and this mythological future woman a favor and rethink the whole thing.

As for "falling" for straight men, I suspect you don't meet a lot of gay men in your life.

So, go on Grindr and try to meet someone! It may not be easy. But at least you will be fishing in the right pond.

PS I bet you're not in the US or even in a Western country. If you aren't, and you must remain closeted, that's a hard life and I don't wish it on anyone.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 06:25 am
You're over thinking this. What do you really want?
mimas4o

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 07:43 am
@jespah,
Thank you for the respond. I get it. I am not, I am in a European contry. The Balkans to be more precise. It's that I do imagine myself with a woman, it's just the other part of me always doubts me... Plus my horror of dating women adds so much it I just sometimes lose track of everything and just hate everything and everyone. Myself included. But I am trying my best to figure it out.. But thank you very much for the advice, appriciate it!
0 Replies

mimas4o

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 07:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I want to experience what it is to be with a man, but afraid then I wont be able to open for a relationship with a woman. Few people I don't meet anymore know I am gay. Only one girl who is a lesbian knows it in person, but she is not close to me and we lost touch a lot of time ago. It is just hard to me do go for it. I think I should first try to be with a woman, but I find it hard, especially when women nowadays have so much criterias and add the masculinity all "macho man" have.. It is just that I am more emotional and try to find the emotional connection before all of the other stuff. I can't just loosen up so I can start dating to find out whether I really can or can't be with a woman. It's like I am blocked and can't do anything about it. But I really dream of being with a woman and having a normal relationship..
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 13 May, 2023 08:54 am
@mimas4o,
Follow your heart, be open to experience, do no harm.
0 Replies

Tygerprintz

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2023 10:00 am
@jespah,
Emotionally attracted to women just means that like most people you have normal attraction to women as people. It does not mean you have any sexual attraction to women. You admit your sexual attraction is toward men, and that's where you need to be directing your energies. I've had both men and women and yet I consider myself totally gay in every way - not bisexual. Your sexuality is determined by which sex turns you on physically, not just emotionally. Emotionally, we ALL find women attractive, and men too - but that is not what makes you gay or straight. It just makes you human.
0 Replies