Does it sound like he's lying?

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 10:47 am
A guy who I've been friends with benefits for eight months recently let his friend of 10 years and her kid move in with him. He said there is nothing going on between them. He told me he's trying to help her because she's having a difficult time. He told me she doesn't have a license or a car. I told him that he likes her enough to let her move in with him. So maybe he should just be with her and he said he doesn't want to. I also asked her if they were in a relationship and she said they aren't together.

Then he was complaining about the living situation with her. The last time I saw him she texted him and he rolled his eyes. Saying that she was going off on him about eating some of her food. And that one minute they are ok and then the next she flips on him. He said he shouldn't have to feel stressed about living his in own house. And that everyone he asked about letting her move in with him told him not to do it.

I just don't want to have sex with him if he's in a relationship with her. And I told him I did not want to come in between them if they were together. And this is when he said they weren't together.

But does this really sound believable? I have always been told that men and women can't only be friends. Because one person usually tries to be with the other person. And every time I've ever tried to be just friends with a guy (unless he was gay) he always hit on me or wanted sex.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 853 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mame

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 11:18 am
@Cupcakeicecream,
Of course it's possible for men and women to be platonic friends!
0 Replies

KellyG3098

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 11:29 am
@Cupcakeicecream,
I'm female and I shared an apartment many moons ago with another female friend and a male friend. It was strictly platonic.

In a casual uncommitted relationship, chances are he's talking to and dating other women. As much as I understand your concern that you don't want to mess around with someone who has a girlfriend, you won't know whether it's true unless you're invited over to his house with her there.

For instance, if he's always making up excuses for why you can't come over and meet his friends or family, there's a good chance he's in a relationship with someone else.
Cupcakeicecream

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 12:33 pm
@KellyG3098,
When we first started seeing each other, he told me he doesn't have multiple sex partners at once.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2023 01:34 pm
If you aren't comfortable, if your needs aren't being met: move on.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 02:27 pm
@Cupcakeicecream,
Cupcakeicecream wrote:

A guy who I've been friends with benefits for eight months .....

You're not in an exclusive relationship with him, you're friends with benefits, so you have no right to question his motivation as to why he has helped this woman with her child. If you're not happy with this situation you have two options:

a) either you tell him that you want a more serious relationship with him and take it from there or
b) you move on and look for a more serious relationship.

Good luck!
0 Replies