what makes a woman?

iknow

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
what makes a woman honorable? imo i think not being a slut is one big thing. also being coordinated and not out of control in general.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 12,148 • Replies: 355
No top replies

spendius

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 03:08 pm
Not bad! Perhaps guidance would be helpful on sluttiness coefficients.
0 Replies

MaryAndrew

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:13 pm
Re: what makes a woman?
Some people think slut is an archaism.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:16 pm
MaryAndrew wrote:
Some people think slut is an archaism.

can you explain yourself? some people think, isn't very scientific.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:19 pm
This is a ridiculous thread in light of your other thread. The criterion or criteria for honor in a woman is not different than that for a man.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
This is a ridiculous thread in light of your other thread. The criterion or criteria for honor in a woman is not different than that for a man.

then why does the other thread say man instead of human? there are sex differences both sexes interact different in society. thats real life.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:23 pm
Probity, integrity, honesty, compassion and a host of other terms laudatory of the behavior of individuals are no respecters of gender. Attempting to make such a distinction is ludicrous.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:25 pm
Setanta wrote:
Probity, integrity, honesty, compassion and a host of other terms laudatory of the behavior of individuals are no respecters of gender. Attempting to make such a distinction is ludicrous.

you can attempt however and leanr in the attempt. if you watn make a human honor thread then we can have all three.
0 Replies

MaryAndrew

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:26 pm
iknow wrote:

Oh, did I miss something? You didn't specify the need for scientific precision. And my post, incidentally, was not meant as disagreement with yours. It was more like an echo of the post by Spendius, only looking at it from a different angle.

Shalom, brother.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:27 pm
MaryAndrew wrote:
iknow wrote:

Oh, did I miss something? You didn't specify the need for scientific precision. And my post, incidentally, was not meant as disagreement with yours. It was more like an echo of the post by Spendius, only looking at it from a different angle.

Shalom, brother.

no i'm just saying that more precision would shed more light on what you're discussing. not that what you said by itself was inadequat.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 03:13 pm
Don't get carried away on such trivia re the female species.
They are delightful little playthings, servants and breeding regulators, they need be nothing more.
0 Replies

iknow

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 03:19 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 05:21 pm
My goal, as a female, to be what I personally consider honorable, is:

-To be loving, understanding, and compassionate. I'd like nothing more than a complete stranger to be able to come up to me and strike up a conversation. I get more out of giving hugs than any gift I've ever gotten, and I think that the three attributes I listed above are severely lacking in today's world and, in turn, that's why so many of us feel 'off balance.'

-Well educated. I may not have decided on my career path yet, but I most definitely have my eye out for a Masters, minimum. Whether your idea of education be a degree or world experience, I do see it as a necessity to being open to everything this world has to offer.

-Self Respect. I am not anti-premarital sex. I am, however, anti-screw-everyone-you-come-across-just-because-they-smiled-at-you-and-gave-you-their-number. I think that happiness is up to the individual. Personally, I can't get happiness out of being promiscuous or polyamorous. I'm a very monogamous person. I need mutual love, commitment and respect to be a factor in a relationship before I'm willing to go certain steps. These steps aren't necessarily sex; but emotional attachment, openness, etc. I refuse to be "one of those girls" who's had her heart stomped on over and over again.

I despise 'Feminism'. To me, Feminists aren't the women who marched in order to vote, nor are they the women who started wearing slacks or dresses above the ankle. Feminists, in my eyes, are women who believe they are superior to men. They believe they are the better gender, without flaw, and without need of men.

I believe that men and women are both reliant on each other. This world is made up of the interdependence of males and females, and I think that with the 'higher-than-thou" attitude that most women have today, the bond between men and women is failing miserably. Women are strong, we all have an underlying connection to each other that makes it possible to make any woman we meet either a sister or an enemy. But we also need to have respect and love for men, because without them we are extremely empty. That's my feeling, at least.

This is what makes me feel as if I have, or at least will someday, make my mark on the world.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:18 am
Sanctuary,
that isn't what feminism is about at all!!

Unfortunately, feminism has gotten a bad rap in some circles bc of individuals who have used the word for their own personal agendas (every political movement has these jerks).
There are also many people/groups who still live as though women are inferior beings. Many women still live as though they are inferior; and they perpetuate the woman-hating as much as men.

Of course there are some people who love to discredit all work of feminists (whether they call themselves that or not) by calling them names (man-haters, dykes, biotches, etc.).

Do you say these things bc of ignorance or hatred?
I consider it ignorant at minimum, hateful at worst.

Feminism was, and is, essential.
Without it, I would not have had the opportunity to vote in my own country! (to name just one thing)
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 03:27 am
BTW;

Mathos' post was totally uncalled for.
It was disrespectful and crude; not to mention hateful.

We let shiot like this pass constantly as jokes, but they are not.

It's not acceptable for me to speak of a man that way ( I would be considered a self-righteous biotch ) , and with good reason.

So, there was an example of why feminism exists right there on our very own thread, folks.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:16 am
Flush, that is the problem with women who are, I'd assume like yourself, set on being treated fairly. It becomes all work and no play. Even if Mathos wasn't joking, I still laughed at his statement. Lighten up.

It's neither ignorance nor hatred that makes me differentiate between Feminists and the women who earned me my rights. I see the latter as humans, mere humans. No need to smack a label on it. Feminists, however, aim for something more, something unnatural and just as unwanted as the masogonistic attitudes they seem to be fighting against.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:16 am
Grrrrrr, once again my blood is boiling because we are judged on doing the things that we AND guys want us to do!!!

What if a woman sleeps with as many people as she wants but keeps it to herself.Would that be ok, less slutty, honorable?

Is she NOT a slut if she does 'things' with you.But as soon as she is interested in someone else she is dishonorable and a slut???
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:18 am
Material, I don't know who you're addressing that too, but my opinion of a slut is anyone with multiple partners. Emotionally or sexually. "Doing things" falls into that catagory. However, some women enjoy this and so by all means, let them. It's just not a lifestyle choice I'll make for myself.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:43 am
Sanctuary wrote:
I despise 'Feminism'. To me, Feminists aren't the women who marched in order to vote, nor are they the women who started wearing slacks or dresses above the ankle. Feminists, in my eyes, are women who believe they are superior to men. They believe they are the better gender, without flaw, and without need of men.

We, in France and, generally, in Europe dont view feminists being so...

From those I know, they are sensitive woman, trying to implement their rights that a patriarcal society denies them. They are much more in equality of rights than believing that they are superior to men.
And I like women assuming they are equal to men and acting adequately...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2005 05:50 am
I wasnt directing it at anyone, just venting my frustration.

Multiple partners-do you mean seeing more than 1 guy at a time, or multiple partners throughout life?

Many times I have been made to feel like im doing something bad if I even just talk to a guy.Its as tho Im not allowed to speak to anyone I havnt known for years on end, anyone new is out of bounds.
I am in no way a slut but have been made to feel that way by countless so called male friends and i have been struggling to deal with this unfair feeling.
Ive been called a slut by somebody who tried countless times to get me into bed and failed.Sadly this is the mentality of some people and it really pees me off!!!!Again, Im just venting.

Honorable, my butt.It would be more interesting to aim this question towards guys.
0 Replies