Are American Islamic Schools Teaching Hate?

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:37 pm
truth
au1929, it is my distinct impression that our Christian fundamentalists are among the most hawkish of citizens, the population most willing to send our young men into battle on essentially moralistic grounds, knowing that thousands will die, almost in a mass act of suicide by lottery.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:48 pm
Does anyone remember a certain fundamentalist pentagon intelligence chief?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:56 pm
JLNobody
The public by and large supported Bush's invasion of Iraq. {I did not} Not just the religious right as you appear to be implying.
The next thing I expect to read is that as Reuters claims there are no terrorists just freedom fighters.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 06:58 pm
In Iraq there are freedom fighters, and they aren't from the US or Europe!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 07:05 pm
Hobit
Quote:
Perhaps you should think about Christianity's two millennia of violence and terror.

As usual you are living in the past. We cannot undue the past excesses of Christianity. They are however no justification for Islam's of today.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 07:07 pm
AU, just how much contact do you have with Muslims on a daily basis? I would really suggest you try to get rid of this silly paranoia of yours by actually interacting with them. They are merely people.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 07:11 pm
truth
au1929, true, the general population supported the war--they were dumb enough to fall for the Bush team propaganda. But I have no doubt that Bush would have bet the ranch that American fundamentalists--including EVERYONE at Bob Jones University--would support the war most enthusiastically. Now it seems that they are encouraging, with money, Isreal to continue its aggressive stance in order to promote the fulfillment of End Time prophecy (Armagedon). Thank goodness, Isreal sees through that and is just (laughingly) taking their money. But I don't want to change the topic, just to note that Islam does not have a monopoly on "terrorism."
I will add, however, that as bad as terrorism is, it should not be used to justfiy the horrors of "conventional" war. If the terrorist had the means they would vastly prefer to employ shock and awe tactics. After the recent exposes on the horrors in Thailand, we should get off our moralistic high horses. We too are the bad guys.
Please note that this is not an endorsement of Al Qaida. It IS monstrous and must be destroyed. Did you hear that, Ashcroft?
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:23 am
Just received an interesting article in my email, the portion on education is exerpted below:

Part II: Teaching Islam's Superiority Over Christianity and Judaism

Islam Is The Universal and Final Message: Christianity and Judaism Are Not Acceptable

The IAD (Islamic Affairs Department of the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington, D.C.) explains: "It is our opinion that whoever claims that any religion other than Islam is acceptable, such as Judaism, Christianity and so forth, is a non believer. He should be asked to repent. It is also our opinion that whoever rejects the universal message of Muhammad, (pbuh), rejects the message of all messengers, even if he claims that he believes and follows His Messenger." [19]

Verses from the Qur'an are cited to explain the Muslims' superiority over Christians and Jews: "Allah does not accept any other religion from anyone, for He, the Exalted, said: 'Surely, the true religion according to Allah is IslamÂ…" [20] Another verse states, "Whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from Him, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers." [21]

A Hadith is used by the IAD to clarify who is a believer and who is a non-believer: "This is also clear from the following verses: 'Those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers, and wish to make division between Allah and His Messengers, and say: 'We believe in some and disbelieve in others,' wishing to take a midway course. Those indeed are the unbelievers, and We have prepared for the unbelievers a humiliating punishment.'" [22] The IAD adds, "We believe that the Muslim Ummah is the best among nations, and Allah, the Dignified and Exalted, has blessed it, because He said: 'You are the best nation ever brought forth for mankind, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah, The Prophet's Companions.'" [23]

...find the entire article at:
http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SR2303
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:45 am
Suzette
Islam is both peaceful and tolerant. Ask Hobitbob to explain it to you. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Suzette

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 08:47 am
au1929 wrote:
Suzette
Islam is both peaceful and tolerant. Ask Hobitbob to explain it to you. Rolling Eyes

Yes, thank you, Au, he did earlier. I found it to be excellent and illuminating. This article is something sent to me today which I thought addressed the thread originator's question. I'm not saying I agree with it; just throwing it out as more raw meat... :wink: .
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 11:33 am
hobitbob wrote:
Quote:
Jesus needs for us to believe in Him and Worship him.

Again Terry Pratchett comes to mind. Gods that aren't believed in fade away.

I -loved- "Good Omens!"
0 Replies

MINDOMB

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 09:50 am
Available on my site Http://fruitofislam are pages that are given to teachers to give to your kids about islam virtually every word is a lie islam is a war manifesto , not to say there aren't some non violent passages but the ratio is so tilted toward hate its not worth mentioning . But because it is called a religion it gets innocence by association, You can learn a lot about islam on my site and get some laughs also.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

ISLAM IS A BLOOD THIRSTY HATE GROUP.
MODERATE ISLAM IS A TROJAN HORSE.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:08 pm
Well, I guess that proves that A2K has made it big...the fruitloops have arrived. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:46 pm
I find it odd that people would contend that schools fail to teach reading and mathmatics skills, and yet assume that they will be universally successful in teaching hate. Anyone care to expand on that . . . not that i'll pay much attention . . .
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:49 pm
because hate is a conservative family value?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:52 pm
Good point, HB, don't wanna sell them folks short . . .
0 Replies

Naher904

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 09:27 am
School teaching hate
I am new here and I read most of the comments on that matter. As A Muslem let me make this subject clear>

Koran talks alot about christian and Jew and specefy them by thses names, while any other relgions came under "Kafer" . Why Quran gave special interest in Jew and christians?

The answer is easy if you consider this simple logic, the objects that confuses you the most are the one that alike. If you talk about horses and Ducks offcourse you see the obvious difference, but when you get into horses you can get confused because you have to distenguish the fine diffrences between them. Keep this in mind and go to Muslems , cheistians and jew the diffrence between them is not same as the diffrence between horse and Duck, but assuiming that they are in the catogory of horses then you need to know which is which.

Koran mentioned (No offence ) that the Jew and christians both are wronge, The jew for what they did to Moses , Zakaraih, John, Jesus and chritains are wronge for diving a human being and follow the pagan relgions of Roman.

Islam do not teach hate, if Koran telling us that you are wronge and I teach my childern that your relgion is wronge, there is no hate in that. Koran teach us that only God who has the power of punishment and judgment, the idea that I teach my chideln what right and what is wronge committ me to teach them why we are not christians , why we are not Jew . I do not see why you consider this hate?!!!!!!.

I teach my kids also that is not for you to Judge others, only Allah has this power.

I do not eat pork, but I do not hate piggs, I am not alcholic but I do not hate alcholics.

I think it is the issue of "Islamophobia" that makes some people see that any one who is differnt from their sterotype beleive "thier enimies" .
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 12:17 pm
Good post, but unfortunately the fanatical fundies will continue in their desire to destroy anything that doesn't look like them. Sad Remember that idiot general last year?
So essentially, the danger lies in people who take the "my religion is the only correct rligion" idea and expand on it to decide "my religion is the only religion for anyone, and I wil not tolerate any other religion but my own." This is where the hate so prevalent among the fundies rears its head. Personbally, I think all religions are wrong, but that is my opinion, and I don't see myself bombing Zendos or temples, or Mosques, or Cathedrals anytime soon.
0 Replies