Are American Islamic Schools Teaching Hate?

steissd

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:39 pm
Does this mean that some of the publishing houses spread hatred toward Italians, Poles and Irishmen, majority of which are Roman Catholics? Is such a thing legal in the USA?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:44 pm
c.i.
To my knowledge teaching about and fostering membership in the KKK is not part of any curriculum in any school. Were it the outcry would be heard across the land. Yet teaching the hate of what would appear to be fundamental Islam is acceptable as part of a curriculum. What is wrong with that picture
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:46 pm
Steissd- I wouldn't say that publishing houses spread prejudice towards Catholics.

Dyslexia mentioned Bob Jones University. This is a small ultra fundamentalist Christian college, which has had a history of prejudice towards certain groups. I remember a brouhaha about the school, but I don't remember the details. I look into it, and get back!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:57 pm
au, We're talking about teaching hate to children. The environment of school is secondary. Schools do not have complete control of our children. c.i.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:58 pm
Steissd- Take a look at this:

Link to Bob Jones University
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:59 pm
Thanks.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:17 pm
Bob Jones University Press is also a major publisher of school text books for "christian schools" from elementary thru high school. Bob Jones' seventh-grade text takes a particularly strong stance regarding the spiritual error of traditional African religions: "This religion, like all false religions, is based on works and cannot give blessing or salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9). The strong influence of magic and demonism on African religion made much of African life unhappy and savage. Satan's strong hold on these people kept them worshiping him rather than the true God." In A Beka's elementary world history text, fifth graders read that Islam is "a false religion." Seventh graders read that although "over 500 people saw the resurrected Jesus Christ, no one witnessed Mohammed's supposed encounters with the angels." Hinduism comes in for, perhaps, the strongest antipathy. In A Beka's texts, the term "pagan" is frequently used to describe the Hindu religion and the beliefs of its adherents. The term "evil" is also used. The seventh grade text quotes an unidentified scholar arguing that the Hindus are "incapable of writing history [because] all that happens is dissipated in their minds into confused dreams. What we call historical truth and veracity - intelligent, thoughtful comprehension of events, and fidelity in representing them - nothing of this sort can be looked for among the Hindus." For the Catholics we have this "Almost all the children of [the Republic of] Ireland grow up believing in the traditions of the Roman Catholic church without knowing of God's free salvation." In the chapter titled "The Age of Darkness," which is subtitled "Distorted Christianity, Holy Roman Empire, Renaissance," the author writes, "The papacy had always distorted Christianity. …"
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:39 pm
c.i
We are talking about school books and what is drummed into children's heads with reading, writing and arithmetic. Not what is taught at home. The environment of the school is primary it is the house of learning. The teacher is a very important figure and children are conditioned to believe what the teacher is selling.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:10 pm
au, With all this teaching of hate, where's the beef? c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:23 pm
c.i.
At the golden arches.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 12:17 pm
au, You win this time. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 01:12 pm
Is this what you define as Hate and Prejudice?

Hate : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

Prejudice: (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics
0 Replies

nelsonn

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 01:03 am
Islam (which means submission), teaches that all secular institutions must submit to the will of Allah (as defined by whoever is preaching). The idea fo a separation of church and state is illegitimate, and infidels are evil. The penalty for apostasy, blasphemy or proselytization is death. I find it impossible to believe that an observant Muslim can honestly live in a democracy, but I am willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 01:10 am
Hakeem Olajuwon < argument to the contrary.
Ali......

Not too sure about "honestly", but they get along.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2003 06:17 pm
The heck with em...just kidding Very Happy
0 Replies

skotup

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 01:11 am
Problem is the different ways islam and christianity controll their followers.

In the christian society, if you sin, you carry the burdon of sin untill forgiven. If you are not forgiven and you die carrying the burdon of sin - u go to hell. So people of the christian culture tend to forgive and tollerate under the assumption that jesus forgives. Their god forgives - so they do the same.

In the islamic society, they are controlled a different way. Islamic means of controll is much like karma, if you do something bad - you will recieve bad luck in life. Therefore, because their god gives bad luck to a sinner, they do the same to some1 they percieve as being a sinner, such as non-muslims.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:19 am
I read Malcolm X's semi-autobiography recently, and according to it the Nation of Islam started many american Islamic schools. Judging by the book, if these schools are related to those schools they are very biased and hateful.

I doubt the government is funding islamic schools, as it doens't fund Christian schools.

This is a result of what happens when people combine religion with education.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:27 am
The Moslem religion is based on hate. The hate of everyone who is not a Muslim.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:30 am
the nation of islam isn't really islamic. They were a civil rights organization which associated themselves with islam, but many of their practices are different.

I think many dominant religions "preach hate," of course it all depends on how you interpret the text. Except for maybe some sects of buddhists and taoists. Anything that makes people belive they are chosen as special by some supernatural force is bound to lead to conflict.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:48 am
nelsonn wrote:
I find it impossible to believe that an observant Muslim can honestly live in a democracy, but I am willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.

Now that's just silly < argument to the contrary
0 Replies