Am I fat?

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:21 am
Okay, hi. I am 130 and Im 5'4. Im also age 13. People have said Im fat and when I look at myself in pictures I feel ugly. Am I fat? I just want to know. And if so, I would like to know how to lose weight. Thanks!
-Kathleen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 887 • Replies: 5
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 08:24 am
Hi xox, according to the generalized charts doctors use to define whether one's weight is healthy or not would put you into the healthy category. I'm 5'5.5" and 140 and I'm well within the healthy range.

I am not sure at 13 that you would fall into the standard chart. Maybe there's a different set of stats for teens. I'll look for a source online.

Whether you are or are not medically fat, the issue you are having with feeling fat and ugly is a different issue all together.
0 Replies

Roofingguy

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 06:51 pm
your 13 and worrying about that .....you know what just tell this people who tell you your fat to kiss your XXXXXX. ive seen girls get so destroyed over this factor, dont even worry about it, i mean eat normal ,live normal, and be happy... dont stuff yourself either, and you ll be fine.

if your genes are set for you to be heavy or skiny you should just let it be and be happy you look like your relatives.

this is a very serious issue with young girls. Dont pay attention to anyone.
0 Replies

Surfbabe1723

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
am i fat
no your not fat in fact im the same age height and weight as you Exclamation it might just be because muscle weighs 2 times as much as fat
0 Replies

fuscia

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 12:15 pm
none
this is an old post, but I'll reply anyways

I am:
16 years old
5 foot 8
135 lbs
and
overweight/out of shape
[in my opinion]

statistics and averages don't work because it includes the 50%ish of people who are too FAT; opinion is relative and biased and not to be trusted; and the BMI scale is far too general and healthy weights can often occur within a 30-40lbs range.

don't tell people who call you fat to F themselves
don't take weight to be a reflection of your person, and
don't just ignore your body b/c many people like enforce that the media has caused a population of annorexic young girls so we should all just settle.

health is one of the most important things of life, and weight is definitely a part of that, *although many things are far more important than weight.

consider health over looks tho, and the balance of food (groups, types, values); weight will naturally mirror in the improvements of the two

best of luck in your endeavours xox.

lovefuscia
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 04:22 pm
fuscia, I realise you were giving feedback, not looking for any, but at 135lbs, 5'8" tall and 16 years old, you fall *exactly* on the 50th percentile on the child/teen chart. The BMI of 20.5 puts you on the low side of the normal range of the adult chart and smack in the middle of the child/teen chart. You might be out of shape, but you are definitely not overweight.
0 Replies