How can 1 improve communication skills/know a person better?

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:41 pm
Is it true that when you first meet somebody within the first 90 seconds you'll see whether you'll make or break your chance to become friends?

It doesn't necessarily have to be friends it could be any type of relationship. Anyways I was just wondering if you don't share any common interests what can you do to know a person better?

It's just that even when I try to get into their interest I would know nothing about it (or at least not as much as they do). It's like if I have to do research on it or on the person... and even that itself sounds eerie... Advice? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 617 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Roofingguy

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 11:13 pm
if you have nothing in common then grab a 24 pack and youll end up beign friends from the past Laughing
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 05:21 am
90 seconds? First impressions might count, but seriously i wouldn't say they're THAT important. So many of my best friends are people that i knew for YEARS before we became friends.

If you have NO common interests then I think the chances of a friendship developing are slim anyway sheerly because you'd have nothing to do
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
Roofingguy wrote:
if you have nothing in common then grab a 24 pack and youll end up beign friends from the past Laughing

???
0 Replies

Roofingguy

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
i meant a 24 pack of beer ... nevermind joke is over Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies