Poll: Happy Black History Month 2023! Doing anything special to commemorate it?

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2023 04:49 pm
Hi. Happy Black History Month 2023!

Are you doing anything special for Black History Month this year?

I'm just curious.

Please respond soon. Thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 12:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why has no one else responded to this thread?
Mame

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 12:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
Because no one cares about these holidays.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 12:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
You just started this a day ago, maybe not many people have seen it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2023 01:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
It could be that all your threads follow the same pattern.

You start off, "Poll what is everyone doing for whatever," only for you to post a few days later saying you didn't do a damn thing.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2023 11:05 pm
I know of a few Blacks who post on this site. I'm not the only one.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 05:31 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know of a few Blacks who post on this site.

I don't anybody here who could be dismissed in such a casual and offhand manner.

There are plenty of African Ametican people here, and I'm sure there are other people of Afro/Caribbean heritage who aren't American here too.

For someone who claims to be of mixed race you seem quite free and easy with offensive language. I remember you blaming black victims of police violence and suggesting that your paler complexion made you more law abiding somehow. And now you're doing this.

The only acceptable way to use blacks as you have is if it's in the same sentence as whites, and even then it sticks in the craw.

If you want to persecute a group of people the first thing you do is dehumanise them, and what better way to do that than reduce them to a smudge on a piece of paper?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 07:16 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know of a few Blacks who post on this site. I'm not the only one.

What does skin colour have to do with anything? We don't know what you look like. Basically, you're judged on your posts - WHAT YOU SAY. Sometimes you post idiotic things. That's what you're being judged on.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2023 09:30 am
I know the user Real Music is Black. There was another Black user I met here who responded to some of my old threads but didn't want me to PM him. I forgot his SN.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2023 08:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
Totally tone deaf. For shame.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2023 09:34 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I know the user Real Music is Black. There was another Black user I met here who responded to some of my old threads but didn't want me to PM him. I forgot his SN.

"They" aren't obligated/mandated to post on your thread(s).

As a minor digression, you, yourself RARELY, post on other people's threads. I think I can recall only seeing you post on other people's threads less than a handful of times in over a decade. Kind of hypocritical of you to DEMAND others to post on your shallow (and often weirdly, painfully conservative) threads. But I don't expect much in terms of personal growth from you in the a2k department.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2023 12:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
1. There is a whole world out there.

2. I don't know why you don't want to explore the world outside of your own bubble.

3. Maybe, you are afraid.

4. Maybe it's something else.

5. Maybe you have reasons that you have never revealed.

6. I genuinely want you to grow. And I do wish you well.

7. I have read all of the replies to you on this thread.

8. Multiple people have already provided you with thoughtful advice and observations.

9. I think the observations and advice that have been given to you is good and thoughtful advice.

10. Maybe you should follow up on some that advice.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2023 11:57 pm
1. I will try to come up with a thread that I think you might be interested in.

2. I hope you will have a little fun and post on the thread.

3. I'm not sure of what the topic will be, but I will try to make a thread that you might like.

4. Have a little fun and engage in fun exchanges with other people here on A2K.

5. Remember, the world is much bigger than the just the threads you create.

6. After I come up with a good thread for you, I will post the link of that thread.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2023 03:32 am
@JGoldman10,

https://able2know.org/topic/578520-1
0 Replies