What foods don't you like?

BillW

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 04:49 pm
But it makes Texans taste delish!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 05:11 pm
I gots one word for y'all: "omnivore"

I wouldn't eat a whale unless of course, I lived in the arctic, led a nomadic life, and that was one of the only food sources around.

I would not eat a dog, as I have one, unless, unwittingly so, while visiting China or the Phillipines.

I would also not ever ever go vegetarian :p

Personally, I like apple or cherrywood for the BBQ.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2003 05:42 pm
cav-Roger was refering to a series of posts we had on abuzz last year (before it went postal). I questioned whether the mesquite chips for cooking was a scam started by Texans . I suggested they were laughing up their sleeves and roger and some others verified that they only sell mesquite to yankees for barbeque. I too like fruit wood for a nice tasty smoke on my barbequed snails.
I tried vegetarian eating for a few months a long time back. I have no recollection why. Couldnt do it. Some of those tofu foods that are molded to look like drumsticks are pathetic.. Eyes in front-born to hunt
Eyes on the side, run and hide
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 05:28 pm
I hate bananas. The smell makes me sick. Also licorice including anise and fennel. Not fond of parsnips although the chef at the cafeteria (not the fancy upstairs restaurant) at the Museum of Fine Arts once produced a roasted root veggie dish in which the parsnips were edible. Also, I do not like ham steak although ham is okay.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 05:46 pm
Heh heh, thanks farmerman for the Abuzz thread info...yeah, those tofu 'meat' foods are really horrid....if you must eat tofu, at least deep fry it or put on a strong marinade...avoid the 'products' made from it indeed....
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 05:57 pm
I refuse to eat brussel sprouts, parsnips, lima beans and beets. Yuck. Evil or Very Mad Mad Shocked
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:00 pm
i still don't like green split pea soup .Yellow split pea ,from the other pod ,is one of my favorites...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:16 am
I just tried tofu the other day. What was the point? What is that stuff? What a waste of time!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:50 pm
tofu is an acquired taste. i'm used to it as i've eaten in different forms all my life. but i admit i can't eat the stuff plain, yech!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:19 pm
Tofu tastes good in Hot & Sour soup. Smile
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 04:43 pm
cjha, yes it does. good idea for lunch. thanks.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:17 pm
Tofu can be used to make emergency repairs to window screens that the cat has decided to climb and leaves big claw marks. Tofu will plug the hole till you can get to re weaving the section of screen. You have to be a cat owner to understand.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 07:21 pm
One of three Thanksgiving dinners that I remember my Dad trying to initiate involved tofu.....

Thank God for Denny's is all I'm gonna say.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 04:57 pm
Dislike: Eggplant, Liver, and Okra. Yicky blicky gross, ack!

Adore Halvah!
0 Replies

Dollyy

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:11 am
I dont like ghee rice & Fish ...
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 04:55 am
If you're ever in Waltham, MA, try the fried tofu at Tom Can Cook on Moody Street.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:01 am
@gezzy,
NOBODY should eat snails in any form. A friend who is a sort of an expert in parasitology informs me that snails are about 99.999% parasites by weight and volume and there's no way in the world to cook them enough that anybody should want to eat them.

Green veggies cannot possibly be a natural food for humans. You do not need to believe in evolution (I don't) to comprehend that Elaine Morgan is almost certainly correct in thinking that humans originally lived in water; that says that the original human diet would have been some combination of shellfish and fruit. Anything else is an acquired taste and when something tastes as bad as greens do, your body is trying to tell you something and you should listen.

The whole world understands that a little kid's normal reaction to alcohol and tobacco is correct, why would anybody think that same little kid's reaction to green veggies might be wrong?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:22 am
@gezzy,
Quote:
What don't you like?

The only foods i don't like are the foods that don't like me.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 05:58 pm
Isn't it nice when an old thread surfaces? It's like a time machine!
0 Replies

Mosikaa

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 12:41 am
I dont like tin foods ...
0 Replies