What foods don't you like?

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:06 am
Everyone has different tastes and I'm curious to know what kinds of food that you don't like. Personally, I don't like spinach, lamb, and other stuff I can't think of right now, but I'll add more as time goes along.

What don't you like?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 26,287 • Replies: 201

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:18 am
I don't like pickled eggs. I don't like snails, or escargot as they call it even though I never tried it. It's just not something I'd even consider trying along with caviar.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:16 am
Gezzy- Great thread. Someone once asked me what foods I liked. I thought about it, and realized that I liked almost everything, (that's my problem Laughing ). Then I thought about what I didn't like, and it was really a short list.

HALAVAH & BLACK OLIVES!
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 07:41 am
I really don't like the taste of food that has cilantro in it. I love calimari, but can't eat the squiggly legs, only the part that is cut into O's. I'd rather not eat Chinese food especially the stuff that's thickened with cornstarch and has MSG in it. That's about it. If I visited a foreign country where fried grubs were a delicacy, I wouldn't like then either, but I'm letting my imagination get carried away here.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:21 am
I've never developed a taste for ochra or for clams. Every time I've ever eaten a ripe plum I've liked it, but for some reason I have a mental block that I don't like plums.

I like warm potato dishes, but not cold. The first time my wife took me home to meet her parents (in '76) it was for lunch. You guessed it - potato salad was on the menu. The missus (just a girlfriend then) said "Oh, Jim doesn't like potatto salad", so of course I had to take a double serving and eat every bite.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:24 am
I like most things. There are some herbs and spices that add flavour, but I don't like their flavour alone - coriander, ginger, caraway, anise come to mind right away. I like the essence, but biting into a piece of ginger (for example) is like torture for me. ptooooooooey.

coffee. i hate coffee. and wine. I've never had a glass of wine that i liked the taste of.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:29 am
common foods I don't like:
green beans, they're hairy! (but I like peaches, hmmm)
eggplant
zuchinni
bell peppers (I like other peppers)
beef
chicken
shellfish
I know, My options are limited.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:54 am
OK,..
Iceberg lettuce,..my whole family LOVES it, I've never been able to eat it.

Beans,.like white beans, kidney beans, baked beans,...it's a texture thing I just can't get over,...yet I like lentils, favas, lima beans.

Olives,..love olive oil, but I don't like those briny little suckers.

That's it. Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 01:31 pm
Brussells sprouts! Oof.

I also don't eat beef or pork but that's not a taste thing; it's for health and religious reasons.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 01:42 pm
Jim, nice story! Double helpings... no wonder she's your wife now. Smile

There isn't any single ingredient that I can't stand (that I can think of), but I'm really particular about freshness. Oh, and fat. Don't like fat. (Like, I will only eat chicken MEAT, not a big greasy piece that is made up of chicken + fat.) But I'm not the kind that can cut off a bit of mold from the tomato and eat the rest of it, or eat an avocado that's turned brown, or drink milk past its expiration date, even if it smells OK. Confused
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 01:55 pm
I'm a southern boy but have never developed an appreciation for grits or the sweetened iced-tea served down here.
Right now my house is filled with the wonderful smell of a corned beef brisket simmering on the stove after an hour or so. The cabbage and carrots go in later. A couple of weeks late for St Patrick's day but an annual ritual for me. The rest of the family orders pizza. -johnboy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 02:01 pm
If you ever have a chance to eat a fine roast of bear , RUN. Its the most godawful mealy sickening sweetish stuff, ever. I also gag at liver.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 02:09 pm
I love liver, but stopped eat'n em after I found out they are very high in chloresterol. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 02:10 pm
I love liver, but stopped eat'n em after I found out they are very high in cholesterol. c.i.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:03 pm
First, the most disgusting excuse for food on planet Earth: okra. I'd rather be boiled alive than let a speck of it touch my tongue. Next, certain cheeses. I can't name them because it is a topic I avoid. Don't care for grits. One food looks like a malevolent predator waiting to give a spider bite - the big ugly eggplant. As a result, I refuse to even try it. I can eat fried oysters, but gag on the raw.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:27 pm
i like everything you people don't, except for halavah (don't know what that is) and bear, it's way too greasy for my tastes.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:36 pm
Halavah is a kind of sweet formed paste of, um, almonds and something else. Hmmm.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:41 pm
George W. Bush
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:43 pm
Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't have my glasses on . . .I thought you said
Fools.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 03:44 pm