China Spy Balloon

engineer

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 09:24 am
Apparently China has been using balloons for a while in various places in the world. Three transited the US under the Trump administration. I'm not sure how balloons compare to satellites which are going over all the time.

Quote:
The transiting of three suspected Chinese spy balloons over the continental US during the Trump administration was only discovered after President Joe Biden took office, a senior administration official told CNN on Sunday.

The official did not say how or when those incidents were discovered.

The official said that the intelligence community is prepared to offer briefings to key Trump administration officials about the Chinese surveillance program, which the Biden administration believes has been deployed in countries across five continents over the last several years.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 10:32 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush-

I can not. I thought t could be done as I described.
joe 2nation
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 10:35 am
@gollum,
You would try to fly a 707 unpressurized? HAH HAH HAH. Ahem.
Then you would put a pilot and the shooter in space suits.... Okay.... What the shooter going to do? Roll down a window? Open a door? (Better strap in)

Did you forget we have fighter jets carrying both rockets and machine guns?

Oh, I know. We get our own balloon. We put a guy in it with a rifle and plenty of ammo, then we launch it and hope it rises above the Chinese Balloon.
Then, here is the clever part. The shooter jumps out of our balloon and, as he falls by the Chinese Balloon, he fires away with the rifle.

Then he pulls the ripcord on his parachute and floats gently down to the US Navy ship waiting below.

Joe(We have to time it just right.)Nation
joe 2nation

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
The CIA didn't lie to us, they just left out some pertinent information, kind of like when my friend, Jerry, told his wife he was not having sex in some girl's apartment.
Joe(They were doing it in the parking lot.)Nation
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 12:23 pm
@gollum,
Like I said, telling everyone what should be done from a position of complete ignorance.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 02:12 pm
@joe 2nation,
joe 2nation wrote:
Watching the video of the shoot down you can see the equipment package falling. I'm sure the US Navy was nearby for the splashdown.
They will retrieve it.
The CIA will be on board with their screwdrivers at the ready.
Joe(Look at this, Wally!) Nation

It would have been much better had it not been doused in salt water before recovery.

But I do understand that they would not have wanted the thing to fall on anyone's head.
gollum

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 03:28 pm
@joe 2nation,
joe 2nation-

I did not know that fighter jets carry machine guns.

So while the balloon was still over the U.S., why didn't we use one of our fighter jets to start firing bullets into the balloon? The first bullet would not bring it down. However, with each incremental bullet, the balloon would slowly descend.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 03:30 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

joe 2nation-

I did not know that fighter jets carry machine guns.

What do you think they fought with, banter?
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 03:55 pm
Chinese reconnaissance balloons are good at collecting information, such as what kind of beer we drink and how good we are at throwing beer bottles.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoSEh9yXgAMkheM.jpg

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 06:21 pm
The most important question to come out of this whole episode is "Who the fvck would surveil the US looking for intelligence?"
joe 2nation

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 06:32 pm
@Wilso,
Didn't go over any intelligent areas in the final days.
 https://heavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/chinese-surveillance-balloon-tracker-map-path-1.jpg?quality=15&strip=all&w=1100

Joe (Look at that, Earl!)Nation
gollum

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 06:36 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso-

Touché!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 07:58 pm
@joe 2nation,
joe 2nation wrote:
Didn't go over any intelligent areas in the final days.

What's funny is, progressive bigots always wonder why the targets of their bigotry vote against them.
oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 07:59 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
The most important question to come out of this whole episode is "Who the fvck would surveil the US looking for intelligence?"

You certainly won't find much intelligence surveilling third-world trash.
0 Replies

joe 2nation

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 08:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
What's funny is, progressive bigots always wonder why the targets of their bigotry vote against them.

No, we don't wonder about that because they don't vote against progressives, they vote for having lower taxes (which, unless they are rich, they don't get), they vote for having "smaller government" and "less regulation and waste".

They don't get any of those either.

What they do get is shittier roads, cracked bridges, electrical grids that are able to supply industries but not people's houses. They get lousy medical services and an equal dollop of police who are too stupid to do their jobs and fire departments that haven't upgraded their equipment or training since Reagan was President.

They get education systems on a par with those of Namibia, but they don't know that (or where Namibia is). They do get really good football programs that enrich coaches and their staffs. They graduate incredible numbers of men who now, armed with a degree, but without a football draft pick, can't do anything beyond manage a Tastee-Freeze for one of their uncles.

The best read among them are the preachers. There is probably no greater competition anywhere in the world that is more intense than trying to get a pastorship at a mega-church. Winning that battle will get you a job that will pump money into your back pocket. Buy a nice suit and always smile unless you are yelling at the Devil.

We progressives are the idiots in this game. Afterall, the red states of the South (with the exception of Texas) pay in far less to the Feds than it paid out to them. That's our money. But it's already skimmed off by the time any regular person gets near it.

Joe(They just sit and wonder why)Nation
oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2023 08:55 pm
@joe 2nation,
joe 2nation wrote:
No, we don't wonder about that because they don't vote against progressives,

But they do. Because the people understand that progressives are their enemy.

joe 2nation wrote:
they vote for having lower taxes (which, unless they are rich, they don't get), they vote for having "smaller government" and "less regulation and waste".
They don't get any of those either.
What they do get is shittier roads, cracked bridges, electrical grids that are able to supply industries but not people's houses. They get lousy medical services and an equal dollop of police who are too stupid to do their jobs and fire departments that haven't upgraded their equipment or training since Reagan was President.

The police are not too stupid to do their jobs. We just need to stop lynching the police for confronting black criminals.

What the people of this country vote for and get is less violation of their Second Amendment gun rights.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 01:34 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

hightor-

Could the persons on the 747 (or 707, etc.) wear a space suit or similar and not pressurize the cabin?
[/quote

Are you nuts?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 01:37 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

joe 2nation wrote:
Watching the video of the shoot down you can see the equipment package falling. I'm sure the US Navy was nearby for the splashdown.
They will retrieve it.
The CIA will be on board with their screwdrivers at the ready.
Joe(Look at this, Wally!) Nation

It would have been much better had it not been doused in salt water before recovery.

But I do understand that they would not have wanted the thing to fall on anyone's head.

Thank God IQ number 14,300 finally breathed some life into this, Whew.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 02:24 am
@glitterbag,
There was an episode of the Simpsons where cctv was used to produce a show called American Numbskulls.

Inspired by that, and in pusuit of televisual entertsinment, the Chinese were probably trying to position the balloon over Oralloy's house so they could make something similar.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2023 10:18 am
Chinese spy balloon flying over Red States. Razz

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/red_12.jpg
0 Replies