RAINSOFT IRON SULFUR FILTER NOT WORTH A DAME!

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 03:04 pm
i cant beleive I came accross this sight. I live in Ottawa, Canada AND purchased a Rainsoft iron filter system from a local distributor. The system is a piece of junk . After paying $2800.00 dollars and getting the biggest sales pitch I purchased garbage. My wife/son has lost over $1000.00 in designers cloth due to iron stains on the cloth. The system worked for the fisrt while. Rainsoft had the best warranty in the business buts it ended up being smoking mirrors. The warranty covers only parts!! They charge you labour to come to your house and they don't fix the problem . the distributor has offered the worst customer service I,ve ever seen and rainsoft headoffice direct is aweful. Rainsoft has a take your money and run business slogan in my dealings. The service tech even fought with me over the phone saying someone needs to pay him to come to your house to fix a repeat problem! NICE.Now i need to get a whole new system. I go once a week into a local laundrymat to do laundry. IF ANYONE READS THIS DONT BUY A RAINSOFT SYSTEM WITHOUT A WRITTEN GUARANTEE . My mistake was not reading the nightmares people have had in thier dealing with rainsoft .

roger

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
Who knows, this just may pop up if someone searches for the thing before buying.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 04:04 pm
Manganese Greensand and Potassium Permanganate
tandttraders wrote:
i cant beleive I came accross this sight. I live in Canada AND purchased a Rainsoft iron filter from eternally pure water systems a local distributor. The system is a piece of junk .

I won't sell or work on Iron/Sulphur filters no matter what brand.
Manganese Greensand and Potassium Permanganate is a nasty, messy combination.

If you happen to know your raw water test results for total hardness, PH and Iron I may be able to offer some suggestions.
Also, do you smell sulphur on hot, cold or both?

And yes, if you google "RainSoft Service" you will find this site Smile
0 Replies

Dan Hager

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:40 am
Re: RAINSOFT IRON SULFUR FILTER NOT WORTH A DAME!
tandttraders wrote:
i cant beleive I came accross this sight. I live in Canada AND purchased a Rainsoft iron filter from eternally pure water systems a local distributor. The system is a piece of junk . After paying $2800.00 dollars and getting the biggest sales pitch I purchased garbage. My wife has lost over $1000.00 in designers cloth due to iron stains on the cloth. The system worked for the fisrt 1 year. Rainsoft had the best warranty in the business buts its smoking mirrors. The warranty covers only parts!! They charge you labour to come to your hosue and they do nothing . the distributor has offered the worst customer service ever seen and rainsoft direct is aweful. Rainsoft has a take your money and run business slogan! The service tech even fought with me over the phone saying someone needs to pay me to come to your house! NICE.Now i need to get a whole new system. I go once a week into a local laundrymat to do laundry. IF ANONE READS THIS DONT BUY A RAINSOFT SYSTEM .
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:52 am
Dan, Dan the water man?
The same Dan Hager that ran with Roy the water boy?
0 Replies

barrettm

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 10:07 am
RainSoft water products are the best
All RainSoft products are of the highest quality on the market today. These systems must be properly maintained for excellent results. Yes just like all products sometimes service is needed and most people understand this. There are thousands of happy customers in Canada and in 19 other countries. Check with the BBB in your area and you will find RainSoft is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:05 pm
Re: RainSoft water products are the best
barrettm wrote:
All RainSoft products are of the highest quality on the market today...

Have you compared RainSoft products to the ECOWATER systems on the market today?

The recurring complaint here is that RainSoft customers can't get service from their
RainSoft dealers and that the salesperson over promised and under delivered Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:30 pm
And just what is a Dame worth these days?

(Just messin' with you guys. )

Welcome to A2K. Hope you check out some of the other areas of this site. Pretty diverse group with a lot of conversations taking place.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 03:51 pm
squinney wrote:
Pretty diverse group with a lot of conversations taking place.

This is an awesome web site! I'm glad I found it Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2005 08:24 pm
H,

one of the reasons its an awesome site is because of people such as yourself who are willing to share their experience and expertise Smile
0 Replies

mareksatx

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:16 am
There is not much of help with Fe and sulfhur in water. Rainsoft is coming with a new piece of equipm. OxyTech aeration system ,but this setup was used by Cul....n in the past - required a lot of work to keep up, however they (Cul..) claim that their Super S is much better on well problem water. It is not cheap ,but you can rent to try and see if your problem can be fixed.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
Problem water
Before you set out to treat problem water you really need to know what your dealing with.
Test the water and pay close attention to the following...
Iron: what kind? (there are 4 possibilities). How much of each in ppm.
Ph: You need to make sure the Ph is 7.1 or above or your system will fail to remove iron.

You should use a softener as the the final step in any problem water treatment system.

mareksatx wrote:
There is not much of help with Fe and sulfhur in water.

Hydrogen sulfide is a colorless gas with an offensive stench and is said to smell like rotten eggs
or "sulfur" it is easily reduced with 1.5 cubic feet of Catalytic Carbon in a backwashing filter.

IMHO, Air Injection and Potassium permanganate/Greensand filters no mater what brand are a waste of time and money.
I replace them often.
0 Replies

tank10

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:48 pm
the rainsoft dealer in spokane wa. closed down , and everyone who has one of the things cant get service. but if they do it sucks, and the only office is like 2 hr away
0 Replies

harrorainsoft

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:38 pm
Yup, rainsoft dealer that was 10 miles from me closed down few months ago. There's a new dealer that is about 50 miles away, and he knows about as much as I do when it comes to the system. And that is nothing.
0 Replies

Gary Slusser

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 09:42 am
Harro, see above where h20man says a 1.5 cuft Centaur filter.... ask him why anything larger than a 1.0 cuft when he doesn't know if there's more than 6 people, or how many people, are in the household. Have him explain the reason for that.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 09:46 am
Gary Slusser wrote:
Harro, see above where h20man says a 1.5 cuft Centaur filter.... ask him why anything larger than a 1.0 cuft when he doesn't know if there's more than 6 people, or how many people, are in the household. Have him explain the reason for that.

Why don't you ask H2O MAN yourself?

harrorainsoft and I have traded a few emails - I know what his situation is - you don't.
0 Replies

happy customer

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:20 am
I hope people are not falling for this propaganda. Don't you think it's a bit questionable to bash one company while advertising the competition. Rainsoft is the ONLY company with a lifetime guarantee and that says it all. I give Eternally Pure Water Systems and Rainsoft full marks on products and service !
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:26 am
@happy customer,
Are you alleging that you do not work for either one of those companies?

A little odd that you signed up, out of the blue, to respond to a three-year old thread.

Cycloptichorn
happy customer

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 02:44 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Odd - not at all - when it's obvious people are still reading this.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 10:43 pm
@happy customer,
You are a liar Linda. You are the marketing manager for Eternally Pure Water Systems and you contacted able2know with legal threats from the same IP address on the same day that you used for this bit of transparent astroturfing.

Here was our response to your legal threat:

Quote:
Linda, We are under no obligation, either legal or moral, to censor our website to suit your fancy. Because of your idiotic legal threat any further communication on this matter that is not from a licensed attorney will be ignored. We do not take kindly to having our time wasted with feckless legal threats and intend to publish any further communication from you on this matter in order to publicly embarrass your company for making such silly threats.

Making stupid legal threats and astroturfing on able2know is hardly good marketing Linda. Your company should apologize for this bit of bad internet citizenry.