Pentagon investigates reports of Russian missiles hitting Nato member Poland

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 02:32 pm
Pentagon investigates reports of Russian missiles hitting Nato member Poland

Polish PM calls urgent meeting of security and defence councils as Pentagon investigates

Quote:
The Pentagon is investigating reports that Russian missiles crossed into Nato member Poland, killing two people.

Local reports said the weapons hit a grain store in Przewodow, Lublin, near the border with Ukraine, in what could mark a serious escalation of the war in Ukraine.

Polish prime minister Mateusz Morawiecki has called an urgent meeting of the country’s security and defence councils, a government spokesman said.

Pictures from the scene showed a huge crater in the ground. The Pentagon said it was taking the reports seriously but had no corroborating information.
. . .
It came as Moscow fired some 100 missiles on Ukraine, causing widespread power outages across the country, leaving the capital Kyiv without electricity and leaving at least one person dead.
. . .
The barrage came just days after Russian troops retreated from the key southern city of Kherson and followed a pattern in recent weeks of Moscow lashing out far from the front after battlefield losses.
. . .
Hours earlier, the Ukrainian president had called on world leaders at the G20 summit in Indonesia to help bring an end to Vladimir Putin’s invasion.

more. . .

It looks like after Putin's humiliating retreat from Kherson he's throwing a tantrum and firing missiles indiscriminately against civilian targets.

I haven't read of any Russian responses to the reports. Will they deny or acknowledge the strikes? If they're acknowledged, do they accept responsibility and apologize, or rationalize the strikes with some kind of gaslighting as they've done to rationalize their war on Ukraine?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 02:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
So far the Russians are denying responsibility and blaming the Ukrainians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2022 06:52 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
It looks like after Putin's humiliating retreat from Kherson he's throwing a tantrum and firing missiles indiscriminately against civilian targets.

I concur.

However, given the poor quality of the Russian missiles, I think that striking an isolated farm silo on the Polish border was completely unintentional.

I think the missile was intended for some civilian target within Ukraine and went off course.

That sort of thing happens even with advanced missiles sometimes. Anyone remember the Tomahawk that took out the main Baghdad hotel in 1991?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2022 11:16 am
It turns out that the missile that struck Poland was a Russian made Ukrainian air-defense missile fired in an attempt to intercept missiles launched by Russia in their latest barrage of civilian target bombings.

https://share.newsbreak.com/2ay0p2bg
0 Replies

Agent Smith

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2022 03:28 am
Laughing

The level of madness involved is what I find interesting! Why ... ? Why ... ?
0 Replies