do drunken call's mean anything?

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:11 pm
I went out with this guy for 2 1/2 yrs. we had a wonderful relationship and both of us at some time during the relationship made out mistakes. we broke up and i went out with one of his friends for a little while (which he did the same thing to me earlier in the relationship). while i was with his friend whenever i would see him he would tell me he missed me. i broke up with his friend bc i realized i was still in love with him. now i barely ever talk to him and he has a girlfriend now. he only calls me when he's drunk but we never talk about us, and i have sent him plenty of letters telling him how much i miss him. i was wondering since he calls me now only when he's drunk does that mean anything, or am I just having false hopes???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,502 • Replies: 16
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:12 pm
I'd forget about the guy. Start looking for old dudes with straw hats.

They're a lot more fun.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:30 pm
...yet they do drink too!
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:55 pm
He just wants to tap that a.....

Don't field another phone call from him when he's drunk, and don't talk about "us" until he's a single man.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:55 pm
He just wants to tap that a.....

Don't field another phone call from him when he's drunk, and don't talk about "us" until he's a single man.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:57 pm
Re: do drunken call's mean anything?
hottotrot wrote:
i was wondering since he calls me now only when he's drunk does that mean anything, or am I just having false hopes???

Yes it means something. It means that he has your phone number.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:27 pm
He enjoys playing drunk dial like all us cool people.

Since he's got another girlfriend, you're obviously not his priority. You should try to get over this dude...and the best way to do this is to get under someone else. What are you doing next March?
0 Replies

MorningDew

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:40 pm
no guts
He just has no guts to let you know about his feelings.
When men are hurt, they get drunk. When women are hurt, they cry and eat ice cream. I know it's a stereotype, I have never eaten lbs of ice cream after a break up, but I have cried...bitterly. Still, never got drunk for any man.

Drunk makes him somehow free and also vulnerable. I would feel pity for his current girlfriend. People say: "only drunkards and children tell the truth". He needs to clear up his head. Tell him that if he calls you again drunk, you'll record the conversation and send it to his gf. That will stop him. You deserve him to call you when he is sane, and his gf deserves him to tell her the truth he only says when he is drunk. Obviously he needs to clear up his mind first.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 08:36 am
It is possible he still cares for you, but it is more likely that he is simply wanting to talk with someone. I used to get lots of drunk calls, but they were from current boyfriends. I remember making drunk calls, but it wasn't to boyfriends, it was to whoever would talk to me. My guess is - he wants to make a call when he is drunk. You are receptive to those drunk calls, so he calls you. His current girlfriend probably does not answer the phone or talk to him when he is drunk. Or he doesn't want to piss her off by calling her drunk. You answer, you talk with him and since he is no longer seeing you, it doesn't matter if he pisses you off.

I would not answer these calls if I were you. Or ask him why he calls when he is drunk and that if he wants to discuss something with you, you would prefer he speaks to you when he is sober.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 08:46 am
I want to call my exes sometimes when I am really drunk, but not because I want to get back together with them. Mostly because I can and I do wonder how they are doing and stuff. I think I means nothing at all and if it is getting your hopes up, take Linkats advice and quit taking the calls.
0 Replies

hottotrot

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 08:46 am
WELL HE DID TALK TO MY DAD A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND SAID WHEN HE GOT BACK FROM VIRGINIA HE WAS GOING TO COME BY AND SEE HIM.?.?.?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 08:48 am
Quit shouting.

Maybe he likes your dad.

I missed my bf's parents when we broke up and I'd miss my husbands family now if we ever divorced.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 08:54 am
hottotrot - do what you want, but don't say I told you so.

I just have enough respect for myself that I would not take a drunk call - even from a current boyfriend. Whenever they called I told them to call me when they sober up.

I remember one boyfriend that called - my roommate answered and said I was sleeping and that no she would not wake me up. Good girl! He felt horrible after that and brought her flowers the next day.
0 Replies

hottotrot

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 10:00 am
Thanks. Next time he calls drunk i'm definitely not answering!!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 10:40 am
I don't get drunk and call exes. Losers do that.

I get naked and call strangers.

Not all guys are creeps, you know. Somehwere out there, a winner like me is waiting for you. Waiting naked.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 10:48 am
Once I get this call - the man in a breathing voice says to me - "What are you wearing?" As my boyfriend at the time like to play this game and I recently left him a message, I went along with it.

But basically did not make it sexy, just kind of funny - like oh a shirt and shorts. He goes on and says short shorts, etc. Then he asks what am I doing? I say - oh, making cookies or whatever I was. So I proceed to ask him - "what are you doing?" He told me! And it wasn't making cookies - it was making something else. I started laughing and said - I guess this isn't so and so. Was it you Gargamel?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 02:11 pm
Was he making fondue?

If so, then yes, yes it was I.
0 Replies