Constitution in Iraq

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:08 am
Iraq's new elected leaders should not be focusing on ethnic difference or religious differences but human equality...

Any leader who opposed this process should be deposed by default because they have violated the sanctity of the democratic process.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,914 • Replies: 78
No top replies

Scorpia

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:26 am
That's funny. In a democracy, isn't it the decision of their people - not yours to determine what the criteria will be? A democracy decides it's own needs based on a majority vote.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:28 am
Scorpia wrote:
That's funny. In a democracy, isn't it the decision of their people - not yours to determine what the criteria will be? A democracy decides it's own needs based on a majority vote.

Did the population of Iraq elect leaders so they could take away their voice?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:29 am
Quote:
Iraq's new elected leaders should not be focusing on ethnic difference or religious differences but human equality...

Any leader who opposed this process should be deposed by default because they have violated the sanctity of the democratic process.

It would be nice if our elected leaders in the United States were held to this standard.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:34 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

It would be nice if our elected leaders in the United States were held to this standard.

The voting process in the US could be a bit more uniform but is not that unfair...
0 Replies

Scorpia

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:47 am
Rex,

If you listen to their voices, you will find that their lives revolve around their religion. So, if they want to incorporate religion into their democracy, I guess they would need to vote on it. As a democracy, the US chose (voted) not to involve religion.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:52 am
Scorpia wrote:
Rex,

If you listen to their voices, you will find that their lives revolve around their religion. So, if they want to incorporate religion into their democracy, I guess they would need to vote on it. As a democracy, the US chose (voted) not to involve religion.

Are they a conquered people?

Should they have a choice?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:57 am
I thought they were "liberated" (not conquered).

They should have a choice.
0 Replies

Scorpia

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:58 am
I was under the impression that they were a "liberated" people according to the President of the United States. And if they do not have a choice, then we should stop providing mock elections for them.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:08 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I thought they were "liberated" (not conquered).

They should have a choice.

They are not liberated if they go back to an oppressive regime...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:09 pm
After defeating Hitler should we have let Germany go back to communism?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:10 pm
Be back in a bit ...

Feel free to comment please...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:12 pm
So we now have Mr Red's version of history which demonstartes that Germany was communist before we kicked Hitler's ass.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 12:21 pm
If the people CHOOSE to go to a restrictive, religious gov't, are we going to tell them that that choice is not valid?

Doesn't seem very fair to me

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:25 pm
dyslexia wrote:
So we now have Mr Red's version of history which demonstartes that Germany was communist before we kicked Hitler's ass.

Ok, I meant totalitarianism... EXCUSE ME... pretty damn near the same thing...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:35 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
If the people CHOOSE to go to a restrictive, religious gov't, are we going to tell them that that choice is not valid?

Doesn't seem very fair to me

Cycloptichorn

One minute you are against religion then you are for it...

My head is spinning...

How can it be unfair to be fair?

Sounds AGAIN like Michael Moore let's embarrass Bush partisan politics.
0 Replies

Scorpia

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:42 pm
"They are not liberated if they go back to an oppressive regime... "

If they are not allowed to run their own country, are they not in an oppressive regime. Especially if they are "conquered."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:43 pm
Scorpia wrote:
I was under the impression that they were a "liberated" people according to the President of the United States. And if they do not have a choice, then we should stop providing mock elections for them.

your bullshit alarm should be automatically going off anytime bush opens his mouth....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:44 pm
dyslexia wrote:

I about pissed my pants laughing at that meself.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 01:48 pm
Rex, you sound like a man who is very close to having that lightbulb moment when he realizes his elected leaders have been feeding him loads and loads of horseshit.

Come on, Rex, you're so close! Come to the light....come to the light...
0 Replies