So What's New With You

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:45 pm
I've been away for a couple of months and would like to know what everybody has been up to this summer.

It's been a busy summer for my husband and I. We remodeled our den, I started a new job that works ten hours a day, Mon-Thurs. I love having a three day weekend...it's like a mini vacation. It's been so hot here that doing stuff outside isn't a whole lot of fun and I don't have any friends who have a pool...LOL

Is anybody other than me ready for fall? Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 722 • Replies: 12
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:00 pm
Hey doglover - good to see you! Lots has been up...... too much to list here. You'll catch up.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:02 pm
I hope I catch up cause I don't run very fast. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:24 pm
Hey there doglover. I started a new job, but that's about it.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:31 pm
Heya DogLover. I am not sure we've met before, but it's a pleasure to meet you now Very Happy

My summer was delightful. I couldn't have asked for a better one. I had major family issues going on, still do really, but they've been far outweighed by the positive status of my relationship, a great vacation to New Mexico, and spending today and tomorrow with all my old friends from school, helping out with enrollment. I'm really humble that I'm feeling so well.

How have you been?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:40 pm
I was invited to a birthday party. I wore a sailor suit my uncle used to force me to wear in the house when he babysat for me. The people at the party made me dance on a table while they threw rocks at me. I was sad.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:37 am
Congrats and good luck on your new job Montana.

Slappy...you haven't changed one bit since I've been gone. You're as goofy as ever...LOL I think some of those rocks ended up in your head. Mr. Green

Sanctuary...it's nice to meet you. Smile Vacation in New Mexico? I'm jealous. :wink:

Since March I've had relationship problems (of my own making) but we are working things out with the help of a fantastic counselor. I spent the summer either on the back of a Harley or in the passanger seat of a Corvette so life has been pretty good to me this summer. We didn't take a 'big' vacation...just small overnight trips to Ocean City and Pennsylvania.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:28 am
Ohh, Penn.! Is it as 'colonial' there as I imagine? I dream of visiting New England so that I can goo and ga over all the pretty buildings. If it weren't so far away, and so off-target from the mentality I enjoy (to some extent), then I'd love to go to school in some state in that area.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 11:30 am
Niiiice! That sounds like a wonderful way to be traveling! It sounds like you have been really busy this summer. Smile I'm definitely NOT ready for autumn. I could live the endless summer and all the heat that it brings! Cooler weather (anything below about 70F) and I are not on the best of terms. Sad

There definitely has been a lot going on and as littlek said, almost too much to post! Glad to see you back and you'll soon be in the swing before ya know it! Smile
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 03:14 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
Ohh, Penn.! Is it as 'colonial' there as I imagine? I dream of visiting New England so that I can goo and ga over all the pretty buildings. If it weren't so far away, and so off-target from the mentality I enjoy (to some extent), then I'd love to go to school in some state in that area.

Yeah, PA is a pretty boring state. We go to Carslile for the Corvette shows and stuff. Those Amish in their buggies are a pain in the butt...LOL I love New England. CT is such a beautiful state. I love MA, the liberal den of the nation...LOL

Have you ever visited Maryland Sanctuary? I love it here. We have it all...the mountains to the west and the Atlantic ocean to the east. I live smack dab in the middle of both. Only a 2 hour drive to either of those destinations. Not to mention the delicous seafood we catch in the Chesapeake Bay!!!!!
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:06 pm
Well, DLover, I am most defintely envious of you.

I have never been anywhere on the far East/North East coast. I lived in Tennessee for a year or so, loved it to death, but that's as far as I've gotten.

One day, I'll make a two-week road trip through 6 or 7 states up there. I've almost forgotten what it's like to travel via vehicle! I used to take 17-hour trips with my family when my dad was still alive, we'd go from Las Vegas to Rockford, IL. It was great, I'm craving the open road again. To be able to go see such historically rich places such as New England would be an awesome get-away.

Aww, see what you did? Laughing
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 04:25 pm
Dlover,

Unfortunately I am not yet able to respond to your PM. If you'd like, check my profile for my e-mail address, and we can correspond that way until I get the 6,000,485 posts required for sending PMs :wink:
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 17 Aug, 2005 03:12 pm
LOL okay Sanctuary. You aren't the average 16 year old. I'll be busy till Friday but I'll be in touch. Cool
0 Replies