What's one thing....

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:28 pm
that makes you feel good about yourself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 740 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:42 pm
I always get along well with dogs and small children.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 06:43 pm
I hate everyone equally.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:03 pm
I care a lot about people.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:09 pm
thinking....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 07:15 pm
mmmmmmmm

my hair and fingernails grow fast

that's supposed to be a good thing, according to a doctor I had when I was 8
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:34 pm
I have a very...wide (?) sense of humor. I'll laugh at most anything, genuinely. Staring at someone doing nothing makes me chuckle. I think it's a good trait ebecause, well, it's great to laugh! It's healthy, it makes others smile. It does, however, have its pitfalls, such as being the only one in a silent room doing the "hahaha! Haha..ha..ha..?" gig.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 08:41 pm
I can scare old people while wearing pantyhose over my head.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 09:16 pm
Just about everything and everyone has the capacity to disappoint so I'm going to say taking a photograph that pleases me.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:14 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I can scare old people while wearing pantyhose over my head.

Me too! Cool

My perverse sense of humor, sunny outlook on life and the ability to see only the good in others are what makes me feel good about myself.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:34 am
Sanctuary
Sanctuary wrote:
I have a very...wide (?) sense of humor. I'll laugh at most anything, genuinely. Staring at someone doing nothing makes me chuckle. I think it's a good trait ebecause, well, it's great to laugh! It's healthy, it makes others smile. It does, however, have its pitfalls, such as being the only one in a silent room doing the "hahaha! Haha..ha..ha..?" gig.

Sanctuary, have you ever laughed in nervousness at a funeral, or a wedding, or at another inappropriate time?

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:37 am
Re: What's one thing....
doglover wrote:

Can't think of a darn thing.

Thanks. I feel better, now. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:40 am
BBB-one of the few things I can remember about my nans funeral was in the car on the way to her cremation.
All of our family have a great sense of humour.It was a summers day and somebody commented on how hot it was, there was a pause and somebody came back with 'we know somebody else thats gona get hotter'

May be seen as innapropriate but it kinda broke the sad tension of the journey there.Even my dad, whose mother it was that died had a chuckle.

So Id have to agree with sanctuary.I think I have a good sense of humour and I can usually laugh at myself.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:41 am
I've giggled at solem times. A few years ago before a wedding was to begin and the church was quiet, this fly kept buzzing around my husbands head and his facial expressions were cracking me up and I had to literally bite my tongue to stop the burst of giggles coming out of my mouth. I never giggle or laugh AT another person at an inappropriate time, but I do laugh at certain situations I find amusing that other people don't.

I've seen witnesses in a courtroom laugh nervously when testifying. That's a pretty common thing to see. I think it's a defense mechanism.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 09:57 am
Re: What's one thing....
squinney wrote:
doglover wrote:

Can't think of a darn thing.

Thanks. I feel better, now. Crying or Very sad

I can think of several things about you that would make me happy to be you but your ability to cut through the BS and get to the heart of the matter is the one I find most endearing.
0 Replies