What's your favorite Comfort Food?

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 07:56 am
When I'm feeling upset I like to melt chocolate, and dip fresh fruit in the melted chocolate.

I also like a well made lasagna.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 08:00 am
A perfectly ripe fresh mango... all by itself (cut into chunks).

Man that's good.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:08 am
I LOVE mango.

when I lived in Fla. we had a tree in the back yard.

the last few times I had some, my lips itched and was told I could be becoming allergic, so I stopped...

very sad, must go eat grill cheese.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:16 am
Oh no, not a mango allergy!

Could it be about the insecticides or something? As in, if you got an organic one it would be OK?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:17 am
Mango is fabulous! Just the way Chai described.

I had a hunny who showed me the ways of the mango. Now everytime I eat mango I get all tingly. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:21 am
flushd wrote:
Mango is fabulous! Just the way Soz described.

I had a hunny who showed me the ways of the mango. Now everytime I eat mango I get all tingly. :wink:

Yes, people who never had one would ask me what it's like.....

A Sexy Peach.
Oh yeah, it's great to take your clothes off and sit on a drop cloth to eat mangos, really messy!

The way of the mango. hmmmmm.

No Soz, this was happening back in the days of my own tree, was just in denial. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 02:07 pm
I know...I know...I really really don't have a comfort food. Thats really sad....

The only thing I want VERY BADLY RIGHT NOW is to SMOKE IN MY OWN HOUSE!!!! And not have to go outside in the RAIN! Awwww...maybe I can go to the bathroom and smoke out the window..hehe,

Ok...the only thing I can think of right now that would even come close to hitting the spot with me, since I feel so damned lonely and deprived at this moment...and I'm not talking deprived in the area of friends...lol Is some Crab Ragoon or Dragon Rolls.....some baby fried shrimp and some fried rice...lol I'm starving to death...right now

And your right GUS...it is boil the heads, then crackem'....
I got ahead of myself....lol
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 02:43 pm
Calves liver, fried apples and onions with 'pommes mousseline' (mashed potatoes made with cream) slightly cooked 'au gratin'.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 02:55 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Calves liver, fried apples and onions with 'pommes mousseline' (mashed potatoes made with cream) slightly cooked 'au gratin'.

Now I'm drooling...I hope you are satisfied!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 05:57 pm
Walter's meal sounds just fine to me too, especially as new apples will be showing up in the markets..
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 06:20 pm
My favorite comfort foods are lasagna and meatloaf with whipped potatoes and corn.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 07:02 pm
Erm, I'm putting a comma after lasagna... or that's one batch of stuff on a plate..

(not to comma natter, just the vision of it all on one plate)

Nice to see you, doglover, and pretty avatar..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 08:23 pm
oh yeah. meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Universal comfort food. That was our dinner last Sunday.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 08:41 pm
Quote:
Walter's meal sounds just fine to me too, especially as new apples will be showing up in the markets..

...and the bull calves aren't worth feeding through the winter.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 08:55 pm
That I don't know about.

I haven't personally had calves liver in thirty years. I am not over it as possible, if I ever visit Germany.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 09:04 pm
Osso--

In my girlhood calf's liver was a staple for That Time Of The Month.

During my first marriage--in the '60's and early '70's it was the only menu that could enforce a Women Only dinner party.

I have tender memories of calf's liver--with onion and bacon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 09:13 pm
Hmm, I missed all that..
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:13 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Erm, I'm putting a comma after lasagna... or that's one batch of stuff on a plate..

(not to comma natter, just the vision of it all on one plate)

Nice to see you, doglover, and pretty avatar..

LOL ossobuco! Sometimes I feel hungry enough to eat both a serving of lasagna AND meatloaf in one setting! I guess that's just the piggy in me. Embarrassed

And thank you for the compliment. The makeup and hairdresser girls worked on me for about 2 hours to get me look that good! Mr. Green
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:20 pm
On special occasions I go to City Cafe. I order meat and three.

Fried chicken, sliced tomato (fresh!), turnip greens, coleslaw or mashed potatoes. I'll go with a friend and steal a few fried okra from his plate. The cornbread and bicuits are free. The sweet tea slays me. This is southern cooking at its finest. I am 26 and the waitresses still call me "'hon."

In fact, I'm going to have to hit up City Cafe on Monday (not open weekends).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:52 pm
You could be 56 and the waitress will call you honey or baby or sugar. That's just the Southern way.
0 Replies