Infection causing gout

jkhiwth

Sun 28 Aug, 2022 07:09 am
Several times in the past 5 years I've gotten a deep puncture, deep laceration or other more severe type of skin injury on my foot/ankle, and the most recent was very bottom of the shin, followed by an infection with the ankle swelling that same day or the next. My ankle does NOT swell otherwise unless of course it's an obvious sprain. I do not like to go to doctors but since I had an injury years ago (stepped on a nail) which ended up with me actually having surgery to prevent sepsis and I was told if I'd gotten on anti-bios immediately it would have been prevented, I reluctantly go to a local urgent care facility or to the ER. Now comes the "huh?". On 3 of the occasions, including the most recent one, I went to the same local non-ER facility. On all 3 of those occasions, the same place that didn't record my tetanus shot from 2018, the same place where THEY ADMINISTERED the tetanus shot in 2018, I was told that it wasn't an infection, but gout. I requested and was given anti-bios, and the issue was resolved. My question is: Since my ankle normally doesn't swell except when injured, but 3 times I was told I had gout, and all 3 of those instances it occurred the day of, or the day following a laceration that got infected, can gout be caused by infection? BTW re: the infection, I'm a busy man, sometimes I get injured and don't even realize it. When I see the injury of course I immediately clean/administer neosporine, etc.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 987 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

Mame

Sun 28 Aug, 2022 08:21 am
@jkhiwth,
We're not allowed to give advice here. Why not google the Mayo Clinic or some other place to read about gout?
jkhiwth

Sun 28 Aug, 2022 12:20 pm
@Mame,
re-read the question. I didn't ask for medical advice. I asked, since this is a freakin MEDICAL FORUM and the description of the forum literally says "Health, Medical, Diet, Food", if anyone knows of gout being CAUSED by infection. If you're representative of the 'experts' on here, I'd be better off asking a homeless guy in an alley who's drunk on rubbing alcohol.
0 Replies