Would it be weird to message this girl?

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2022 07:05 pm
Last fall I went to community college part time. In one of my classes, there was this one shy girl who I thought was really cute, but I never made my move. I didn't ask her out because I'm a shy, socially awkward, introvert with self-esteem issues. But I was sure that she was into me due to all of the times that I caught her staring at me and she seemed to engage in the few times that we talked to each other. I also ended up dropping the classes when I realized that school simply wasn't for me.

Jump to now and I kind of bumped into her. I was at Starbucks in the drive-thru when I saw her leaving the store. She didn't see me, but my feelings for her suddenly came flooding back after nearly a year of thinknig that I had moved on from her.

I honestly have half a mind to message her on social media and ask her out through there. I'm thinking of adding her on Instagram and messaging her, but I'm wondering if it would come off as weird. I may be overthinking, but I just want to know how this sounds to you. From her point of view, it may seem weird to suddenly be asked out online by a shy guy whom she shared one class with last year. What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 636 • Replies: 2
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2022 09:36 pm
@collcall,
Can't you just say "hello, this is (your name), we attended a class at (community college) I think I saw you at (Starbucks) and just wanted to say hello, it was nice to see you". Wait and see if she responds, she may or may not have been staring at you and I think a low key approach is better.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2022 02:51 pm
Yes, and since you were both at Starbucks, you could suggest meeting for a coffee.
0 Replies