Gautams Sports and Fitness Thread in absentia

hiama

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 04:54 pm
This is the thread that Guatam said he would start, as he hasn't-I have !

Many of us (* and I'm not just talking about me here though I weigh as much as any two of you!) spend many hours in sedentary occupations like Bankers, General Managers, Unicorns, Bunnies, Margos, Dianes, etc etc. and spend way to long at our puters doing just what I am doing here now ( anyone discovered the joys of yahoo word racer yet-don't it'll ruin your life-I'm a junkie)

Gautams idea initially was to be my virtual gym buddy and we would give each other much needed support, he then thought of the idea of posting HIS starting weight and reporting on his attendance at the gym.

Well in his absence I am starting this thread ro him.

My induction at my gym is on 9:30 a.m GMP thats 4 a.m EST on April 1st ( Its not an april fool joke ) and I bravely will post here NOW my current weight (yikes ) and then weekly report in on weight and attendance at the gym. I aim to attend on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays around 11 am - 12 mid day.

So the starting weight is 230 lbs ( told you I was heavy )- aim for end of 2003 is 180 lbs so thats 50 lbs to lose in 9 months, around one and a half pounds a week, anyone brave enough to join Gautam and me sign on the dotted line in blood, sweat and tears

I ........................do solemnly swear to be a good bear, bunny, unicorn, etc and adhere to the herein contained superfitness weight loss in public forum, signed this day ......etc etc...

All Craven type people are barred from this activity on the grounds that they should know better.

Cool Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,451 • Replies: 45
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 04:57 pm
Where is Absentia?

I am far too much of a coward (and Bunny) to post stats - may I use you all as a report in as to whether I exerecised or not?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 05:03 pm
Absentia is the country next to Communicado where people are generally in when they are not !

Maybe you can do as you suggest, I will take it to my advisers for an ajewdicashin, adgoodekayshun, add-u-dee-kay-sian- oh damn- decision !
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 06:16 pm
oh! I haven't really gained weight, but there's been some redistribution happening in my 30s. I think more along the lines of this: I want the old jeans that don't quite fit anymore to fit again. I need to lose a few pounds, but they need to come off my center of gravity. The main reason is that I can't afford to buy new pants.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 06:18 pm
And a fine, practical reason it is, too, Li'l k!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 06:28 pm
shanksh
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:29 pm
OK - here goes....

Step 1. Go and find the scales. These were given to me about 2 years ago, and I gave the giver such a horrified look Evil or Very Mad that they've never been mentioned again! Implements of the devil! Unusual torture device!
After something resembling an archeological investigation, and pulling things out of cupboards that will probably require 2 days to re-stack, found scales.

Step 2. Take them into bathroom. Where to put? Outside shower door - will fall over each time I get out of shower! Near vanity - will stub tiny toes! Confused Kwitchyerbitchin' - shove 'em in the corner between shower and vanity and watch where you put your bloodygreat plates of meat!

Step 3. Weigh yourself. With or without clothes? Before of after shower? Morning or evening? Every day or once a week? Write down result, or try to remember? Put on line - or keep as a dastardly secret? Just shut up and do it. Exclamation

Step 4. Step on to scales. Did I adjust them correctly? Did I adjust them at all? What day is it? Is this a good day? Should I cut my toe nails? I won't be able to see the numbers! Where are my glasses? No, not those ones!!! How much will these glasses weigh?

Step 5. What do the scales say. Eeeek! Can't see the numbers! Must be something wrong. Step off the scales. Now I can see the numbers. I apparently weigh 0kg. Oh - that's because I've stepped off the scales, dodo! Step back on the scales. Can't see the numbers again!??? Am I going blind? Off the scales - the numbers are there! Wash face while off the scales - you never know! Get back on. No numbers. Finally realise why I can't see the numbers. Expanded parts of body are blocking view! Embarrassed

Step 6. Insurmountable problem. Confused Give up. Go and console myself with a cup of tea and a cake! Crying or Very sad Perhaps I'll have another try tomorrow!
Sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:34 pm
Snorkle!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:10 pm
We will put our scales on level places. We will not look at them often. In fact, I only plan to look at it if my pants fit fine...

I have a selection of fat pants, sort of fat pants. medium pants, slimmer pants, skinny pants, and tiny pants.

of course, once fat pants are Thrown Out, then the next ones become the Fats, which are by nature depressing.

Never mind. The joy is in feeling better, eh?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 01:47 am
bookmark
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2003 02:37 am
My last look at the scales was the previous weekend in England.

So I knew, how much stones I weighted after the meeting and am going to find some to adjust my wife's scale after I've found that.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:16 am
Height 5ft 10in
Weight, 69 kilo's. (152 lbs)

Always had the same problem, upper half great, butt too big and legs too skinny.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:21 am
oops, did not see this and opened another one Here

Is there anyway these tow threads can be merged ????
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 09:56 am
I'm posting here--and on Guatam's thread as well.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=157025#157025

I've lost 23 pounds, I have 37 pounds to go, and being naturally greedy and indolent I need all the support I can get.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:30 pm
Well done!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:31 pm
Gosh this little dungeon, sorry jim, is a hive of activity , specialy now that Gauman is here having a little peek
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:22 am
Laughing

Wilso - I have excatly the opposite problem - great butt (if only I had a penny for evrytime it was pinched and felt)and very muscular legs (years of playing football, cricket and cycling) - its my upper body which I need to work on - to get rid of all those love handles !
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:31 am
Morning, Gautam.

I'm pleased to read of the drive for fitness.

Although this should apparently be a sex 'n fitness thread- maybe you should start one, if you can get it past the censors! Smile

I'm off work, unwell, today so am able to do a little surfing- I cannot websurf nor post to A2K while at work, normally.
Nothing too serious, though- I may recover.

Cheers,

McT
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 03:37 am
Hey McTag - Laughing

No a virtual weight loss thread has been opened by moi in sports and fitness - this is a concentrated effort to loose weight drastically !!!

Hope u get well soon - don;t bother yr lovely wife too much while u r not well - I know what pain men can be when they are feeling indisposed !!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 05:51 am
Gautam wrote:
Laughing

Wilso - I have excatly the opposite problem - great butt (if only I had a penny for evrytime it was pinched and felt)and very muscular legs (years of playing football, cricket and cycling) - its my upper body which I need to work on - to get rid of all those love handles !

Well since my brain must stay with my upper half, lets swap lower halves, then we'll both be the complete package. Laughing
0 Replies