No, I love my butt too much !! Wink
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 06:19 am
LOL!
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:40 am
First session at gym-personal trainer Ricky took me through all the machines, weights, cardio etc, is planning a routine that I can do in an hour, first day of real toil tomorrow, I will report back with more details then.

I will be doing 20-30 minutes of strength/toning work followed by 20 inutes on the rower-moving to 40 minutes as I get fitter, three times a week. I will also run 6 miles twice a week.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:47 am
I have an issue with spending more time on aerobic machines than about 20 minutes to warm up. I'd rather walk someplace for 40 minutes, but do I do that? No.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 08:53 am
Hiama, looks good - I had a chat with my personal trainer in the morning, and he recommended that I continue with the same program which I had before I stopped completely.

15 min on the bike (random program so I dont know what is gonna hit me)
15 mins on the elliptical trainer (again a random program)
15 mins on the treadmill - running at 9mph

And then weights...

Jeez !!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:10 am
9 mph! That's fast. I don't work out in a gym anymore, but when I did, I was very proud to get to 7 mph.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:12 am
see that's 45 minutes of aerobics I might not get bored of.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:36 am
littlek - I only get very bored when I am running - so what I do is to get on the treadmill behind an attractive bottom - and think of it as "running towards my goal" - helps me to run faster as well Soz !!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:52 am
I see how that could work. But, the gyms I've been to, the treadmills are all pointing at TVs, not lined up front to back.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:56 am
autam,

I read somewhere recenly that its better to do the weights first so it warms your muscles up and stretches them for the cardio workout.

Thats why I am doing it that way round.

I like your routine, like Little K I can't run on treadmills it does my head in, I'd rather go for a tramp in the woods, sometimes I even catch him !!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 09:59 am
hiama - I dont stick to a sequence - I just pop on to the first available machine or as my mood strikes me !!

Routine bores me Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:03 am
The first three letters in diet are DIE.

Exercise is either boring or painful.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:07 am
I'd rather drive a nail into my shin than run on a treadmill.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:11 am
I haveta say I love treadmills. Running, not walking. Get into a very zenny state, and it's the single best physical way for me to stay in shape. It bored me to death when I started, since I've always been a sprinter and wanted to go as fast as I could and then collapse from exhaustion rather than plod along at a fastish pace for a long time, but I converted.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:16 am
HIAMA - what do you do with the tramp when you catch him/her? Wait.... tramp as in roamer or tramp as in hussy?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:22 am
i hear ya, sozobe. i can drive myself to work out so that i am not able to move without significant pain for 3 days after that. what can be better than pushing when you think you can't do a single push/pull/lift anymore? (chocolate?)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:36 am
Yeah, I'm really bad that way. I have no patience for namby-pamby exercise even when I am in no shape for anything but namby-pambiness. I'm very all-or-nothing, which is why this motherhood thing is probably good since I'm in "nothing" mode gym-wise but am genuinely getting a lot of exercise without thinking about it.

OK, you guys are seriously making me want to get back to the gym, though. I think there's one nearby that offers free childcare... hmmm...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:36 am
I hate gyms..... I wish I didn't.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:38 am
"All or nothing?" So you're the type of women who stand in the mirror beet-red, getting mad, slapping yourself in the face while getting fired up before hitting the stairmaster?

Kewl.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 10:40 am
Uh, yeah.

Sorta.

Not really.

My face does turn alarming colors, though.
0 Replies