I'm craving some delicious Dirt! ...with ranch on the side.

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 08:18 am
Some Chinese women, especially in the northern region of the country, develop an inexplicable craving for maggots during the eighth month of their pregnancy.

I remember doing a paper on that very subject during my college years.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
Liar. We all know your college years were before paper.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 09:33 am
With my son I craved grilled cheese and onion sandwiches (lots and lots of grilled onions on them) dipped in mustard or hot dogs with lots of mustard.

With my daughter it was chocolate chip cookie dough, iced tea and lasagna with garlic bread.

Their dad was also a sympathy weight gainer, especially with my first. And he definitely gained more weight than I did, and I was no slouch!

Both kids were C-section. Chris was a month late and weighted 10.1
They took Brooke a week early and she was 9.12. I think that's why I stopped at just having 2!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 09:53 am
I don't have any kids but I know my mom craved Mexican Food and Spicy Spicy food when she was preggo with me!!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:57 am
I almost forgot - there was something that I craved with onions too - can't remember what it wasÂ….
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:11 pm
I don't recall any cravings, but I didn't want to eat pizza or speghetti sauce.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
I can't believe I'm not craving onions. that's usually what I DROWN my food in. /licks lips

I really don't want onions now though. My husband noticed I could not stop drinking orange juice OR eating chocolate the first 4-5 weeks I was pregnant. It was probably just the change my body was going through because now I'm back to not ever wanting or craving those 2 things.

Last night I got my chicken strips. I had extra thick buttermilk ranch. Probably came home with an extra few pounds on me, but I couldn't resist.
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
I just recently heard about Pica through a list of things that kids can suffer from. when going through choosing a kid for adoption we got this big list of disabilities. Pica was on there. So it's not just prego's that get that. I think my grandma had that wile pregnant though I heard she use to crave clay. like teracota (spelling) dirt as well.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 10:59 am
That kind of pica is usuallly due to a mineral deficiency. Your body craves the thing it needs, no matter how weird. The 7-9 month preggo grease fest is similar; brains need fat to grow. (That's also why babies should have whole milk until age 2 at least, no non-fat for them!)
0 Replies