Once you're on a roll, its hard to slow down!!!!

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 06:53 am
On his last visit to Canada, he didn't know where Prince Edward Island was, so we might be ok after all.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:19 am
blatham wrote:
Well, Celucci (US ambassador to us, and we feel appropriately blessed) is already doing the advance man thing by letting us know we aren't really thinking right, and that Americans are disappointed in us. Some post scriptum in there too about maybe some trade difficulties for us. Celucci also noted that Condi was aware of what he'd be saying (read: this came from the White House). Mexico is getting the same sort of lingo from the US ambassador there.

The problem was, you understand, that Canada disagreed about the Iraq project. Then, some Canadian politicians went and actually SPOKE out loud about their opinions on this matter.

Our previous Foreign Secretary, for example, said something about a problem with serial invasions committed unilaterally by our friend to the south. Traitorous bastard, he.

This is very interesting, Blatham - our (Australia's) US ambassador is cutting up very rough indeed about Australia's opposition party daring to criticise US actions, and Bush, in a debate about whether to commit Australian troops (this is AFTER they were on their way!) - even our lackey Prime Minister protested about that! Now the same ambassador is uttering veiled threats about the nature of Australia's citizens' anti-war protests. I was finding this an extraordinary attempt to interfere in our national affairs - clearly it is not - it is part of US strategy in this matter.

And this when we actually have troops in Iraq!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:21 am
Gezzy - you reassure me...perhaps, if we upset Bush and he decides to attack, Austria may get it instead!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:26 am
williamhenry3 wrote:
I have a feeling that this current Iraq War will be all the Republicans can endure at the ballot box. The conflict portends to be much uglier than it already is.

I am glad Canada is not in this fight. We should not be.
[/i]

Williamhenry - I tend to think this may be a protective factor too - (what the ballot box will bear) - I very much hope so.

I believe my country ought not to be there, either.

Gezzy - your money IS very pretty - and different for every denomination too! US dollars are very confusing.

Ours is very pretty too - but yours is mor erefined looking.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:36 am
deb, if you're (or anyone else, for that matter) bothered by any ugly paper money you may have laying around, you know, drab stuff with dull colors and uninspired graphics and all like that, I'd be happy to properly dispose of it for you if you would just ship it to me Mr. Green
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 08:40 am
Heehee - Timber - any drab US dollars I had when I returned were rapidly turned into BIG piles of pretty Australian ones, which were soon spent.

US money got me mugged in the subway in New York, in a manner which is too complex to bother relating here - it was all the fault of my travel companion, though! Oh - I guess the would-be-thief should get some blame, too!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 09:24 am
I confess that the dlowan New York mugging is causing me to rethink my earlier claim.

If indeed Canadian money is prettier, it seems only reasonable to jump to the obvious prediction that Bronxiphonic muggers would head north, it's not far, after all, for our 'better quality' dollars. They haven't.

What might we infer? Either Oliver Sachs has another book here investigating some genetic anomaly which causes an unusually high percentage of New Yorkers to misapprehend beauty ("The Dipshit Who Thought My Wallet Was the Louvre"?..."The Long Island of the Pretty Blind"?) ...or - and I think this the more likely answer - muggers are patriots.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 09:35 am
(I love that, Frank! I guess he sticks with his Grecian Formula, tries not to get in dutch.)

Iraq is our most damaged victim at this writing, but I believe America to be the close second.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 05:09 pm
dlowan
I was picturing them going in circles in the atlantic for a few years until they finally call it quits ;-)

Personally, I love to collect US money and turn it into our lovely colored Canadian cash :-D Anyone who can't stand the looks of their ugly American dollars and want to donate them to my collection, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll be glad to take that stuff off your hands. Better yet, if you'd like some of our pretty money, just send me your American funds and I'll be more than happy to send you the same amount in our beautiful Canadian money. P.S. The hundreds are the prettiest ones, just so you know ;-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 05:14 pm
Egypt has nice look'n currency too! c.i.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2003 05:21 pm
CI
I bet they do. I'll have to do a search to see what it looks like.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:13 pm
Can't he find "Dutch" Reagan? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies