Would you sue or just keep your mouth shut?

Barry2021

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 03:14 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

How is that even possible? If you get into an accident and break an arm, leg, ribs and teeth, an insurance company won't pay medical for that??

Are you sure about that?

An accident where you are injured falls squarely on the shoulders of the insurance company. But this woman nd guy chose to have sex in his parked car so where is the liability for anything they did wrong or should cover?
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 03:18 pm
@Barry2021,
The boyfriend should have told her he had the disease. He gave it to her knowing he had it. She had no idea or likely she wouldn't have gotten involved. Therefore, it's on him. I wonder if he can be prosecuted for this.
Barry2021

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 03:19 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

What she meant, and I see I didn't convey it properly, is it has to be the result of a vehicle incident. Not a people incident, but the vehicle. Yes, if you were driving and got into an accident, you'd be covered. But if your husband broke your nose while you're in the car, you wouldn't.

We have the same laws re: responsible serving of alcohol. And if you caused an accident while DUI, they would pay out the claim to the other vehicle and any occupants, but your insurance would be cancelled and they wouldn't cover your damages.

I like that analogy. Husband and wife sitting in a car and he reaches over and breaks her nose it is no liability on the insurance policy.

The only way I can possibly see an insurance company being liable is if an Uber or Lyft driver has a passenger in the car and the driver stops to pick up a friend since "they're going that way" and the friend injures the passenger then I could possibly see the insurance company maybe stepping in, maybe. But these two idiots decided to pull over and have unprotected sex and she caught HPV. That does not rise to the level of liability on the part of the insurance company.
0 Replies

Barry2021

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2022 03:29 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

The boyfriend should have told her he had the disease. He gave it to her knowing he had it. She had no idea or likely she wouldn't have gotten involved. Therefore, it's on him. I wonder if he can be prosecuted for this.

You are completely right? He knew it and didn't tell her. Likewise, you invite a couple over for the night. They have sex in your guest bedroom and she catches an STD. Based on this story that now puts you and your policy on the hook for her damages even though the guy knew he had an STD and it happened in your house.
0 Replies