Need help figuring out what bit/stung me!

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2005 10:24 pm
Hey guys. I have a place on my back that I'm thinking is an insect bite or sting. It's a raised red bump with a red ring around it and a black dot in the middle. Anyone know what it could be?!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 890 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:04 am
you're best bet is to go see your doctor...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:13 am
Region is absolutely correct. There are some bites, such as that of a brown recluse spider, which can make you very, very ill. See a doctor right away, and be sure to stress that you believe this is from the bite of an insect or arachnid.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 04:35 am
Definitely the best advice, especially after Setanta mentioned the brown recluse. Been there and done that with that fella and I only wish I had taken it seriously enough to get myself to the doctor straight away. It would have saved me a lot of pain and a lot less scarring, even after some reconstructive surgery.

It's Monday. Call now and go!
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 05:50 am
Please see your doctor.... it could be a number of things.... if it is a bulleyes rash it could have been a deer tick and that would cause lyme disease.... but I am not a doctor.....
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 06:30 am
Sounds like lyme to me and the tick is still imbedded. They can do a lyme test easily if they have the tick. At this stage it is very curable, so don't wait.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 07:48 am
I had a perfect lyme-style bullseye from a mosquito bite in Texas. (Just the ones in Texas, dunno why.) Anyway, point is just that bullseyes don't automatically equal lyme. The black spot is worrisome, though.

Definitely agree that the thing to do is see your doc.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2005 08:09 am
I agree with the others in that you should see the doc.
0 Replies