Is it normal for sex to cause sleep deprivation problems?

Thu 2 Jun, 2022 10:38 pm
I have been having insomnia problems, and I noticed that it's because I have been having sex a lot more in the evenings now, that I am in a relationship. But if I did a test, and it turns out that if I do not have sex, then I sleep just fine for the night.

I went to the doctor about it and the doctor said not to have sex in the evening because it gets my heart rate up too much and to have it in the morning before work instead.

But my gf and I are not psychologically in the mood to have sex in the morning, especially on work days. Her more so which is understandable.

But is the doctor right, and sex in the evenings, after work is just out of the question if I want to get a good night's sleep, do you think? Has anyone else had experience with this, or what do you think?

Thank you very much for any opinions on this! I really appreciate it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 411 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Mrknowspeople

Fri 3 Jun, 2022 01:46 am
@harmonica,
Nope.
You should have no sex and see how that goes.
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 3 Jun, 2022 05:10 am
@harmonica,
You're getting overstimulated at night.

This is why a lot of people end up in a rhythm of mainly having sex on the weekends. I know you probably didn't want to hear that.

About the only thing I can suggest is to take up meditation in an effort to calm yourself down enough to get to sleep.
harmonica

Wed 8 Jun, 2022 12:08 am
@jespah,
Oh okay, thanks for the input! Well we have different days off in our work schedules so there are no weekends for us to spend together. The only time we have to have sex is the evenings, because of our different work schedules, but the doctor said no sex in the evenings. Have any others experienced this?
0 Replies