Will you be voting in the 2022 midterm elections? If yes, Why? If no, Why? If not sure, Why?

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 09:32 pm
Will you be voting in the 2022 midterm elections this upcoming November?

1. If your answer is yes, Why?

2. If your answer is no, Why?

3. If your answer is you're not sure, Why?

The United States will be having midterm elections all over the nation this upcoming November.

That includes various elected offices:

National U.S. Senate seats
National U.S. House seats
Local Governor seats
Local Lt Governor seats
Local State Secretary of State seats
Local Mayor seats
Local City Council seats
Local State Senate seats
Local State Assembly/House seats
Local Judge seats
Local City Clerk seats
and various other elected offices
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,281 • Replies: 12

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2022 10:12 pm
I always vote.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2022 06:54 am
@Real Music,
Yes I will be voting, because I always vote also.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2022 08:39 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Will you be voting in the 2022 midterm elections this upcoming November?

1. If your answer is yes, Why?

https://imgur.com/DAx06wS.gif
Unless I'm taken out by Truck Kun? I will be voting this election like every major and minor election cycle.

Real Music wrote:

The United States will be having midterm elections all over the nation this upcoming November.

That includes various elected offices:

National U.S. Senate seats
National U.S. House seats
Local Governor seats
Local Lt Governor seats
Local State Secretary of State seats
Local Mayor seats
Local City Council seats
Local State Senate seats
Local State Assembly/House seats
Local Judge seats
Local City Clerk seats
and various other elected offices

Do you think most people don't know this? Sheer apathy and laziness is why most people ignore the midterm elections.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 07:34 am
I'm going to vote for somebody willing to fight for universal health care, restoring and improving Social Security, using statesmanship instead of pushing the world deeper into war, forgiving student loans, lessening the use of fossil fuels, interested in fighting climate change - or at least whoever seems most likely to push for such things. If that means going 3rd party so be it.
Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 08:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Warning…negativity follows:

Midterm elections direction is a short term horizon. Hoping for the best but expecting little.

From my POV the system is very broken. Jefferson said (pretty sure it was him) there should be a revolution every 20 years. We’re way overdue.

edit: Ben Franklin said there should be a revolution every 200 years}

There is no one with the vision PLUS a backbone. If there was someone, a POS like Trump never would’ve happened. However, if there was someone, they’d be blocked by the other party which is leaderless and minus a positive constructive direction for the country. There’s only self interest and keeping the power as a priority.

System is very broken and drifting when Trump was allowed to get in bed with foreign power like Putin and domestically like the Insurrectionists.

We’re phucked!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 08:49 am
In the midst of the TRUMP CHAOS, Biden boldly stated his agenda: "NOTHING WILL FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE." Sorry, I've had more than enough of nothing will change.
Ragman

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 09:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Seems as though Biden is just not the one that’ll lead us out of the mess we’re in either domestically or on worldwide scene. I’ve got no idea who that leader will be but it has never been more important than now that someone emerges.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 09:23 am
@Ragman,
Agreed.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 02:31 pm
@Ragman,
A lot of countries are in the same boat. We haven't had a decent leader since I don't know when. It's gotten so I can barely read the news.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2022 05:05 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

A lot of countries are in the same boat. We haven't had a decent leader since I don't know when. It's gotten so I can barely read the news.

Over 33% of all the presidents our country has ever had have been in office during my lifetime, Mame. And some of them have been very decent leaders...despite the fact that some people just want to complain.

FDR was a decent leader.
Harry S Truman was a decent leader.
Ike was a decent leader.
I think JFK was heading in the right direction...and was an inspiration to our nation.
LBJ was a very strong leader.
Richard Nixon, except for the paranoidal crap and a penchant for lying was a strong leader.
Ronald Reagan was a nice guy...sunny disposition.
Bush I was a decent leader.
Bill Clinton was an excellent leader.
Barack Obama was a good leader.

I would not be averse to any of those presidents who are dead being reincarnated and serving again...and those who are still alive I would love to have as a president again.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2022 10:54 am
@Mame,
Yes and it’s like driving your car on the highway and there’s a car crash 💥…multiple car crashes. You have to watch as you’re about to be next as you’re in that lane.
Mame

Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2022 07:18 pm
@Ragman,
Yeah. I guess a lot of it depends on what you think constitutes a "decent leader". I don't think all are corrupt or only interested in $$, but who knows who is and who isn't?

There were two excellent women in Trudeau's government (and that's not all there were or are) who are gone - Jane Philpott and Jody Wilson Raybould. Shame.

I liked Ed Broadbent and Jack Layton (NDP leaders in their day) and thought either/both would have been good leaders.

I think there are good people, but they're not always in line for the leadership. Mostly it's a cock-up.
0 Replies