7

Progress is possible on (gun safety) despite (Republican) obstruction.

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 11:45 pm

Ali Velshi looks at examples of gun safety regulations that have been enacted recently despite the
resistance by national Republicans to helping to solve the problem of gun violence. Josh Koskoff
joins to discuss the success he has had as the attorney for Sandy Hook families, holding gun
makers to account in court.

Published May 25, 2022

Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 472 • Replies: 8

2  
Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 11:59 pm
@Real Music,
Ali Velshi is a terrific reporter.
Real Music

1  
Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 01:18 am
@glitterbag,
I agree.

Mame

2  
Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 12:58 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

...holding gun makers to account in court.

I don't think that's right or fair. They're not the ones who allow people to buy guns with no background checks or who allow people to buy AK15s or whatever they are. They should be suing state and federal politicians who vote for these laws.

2  
Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 01:15 am
@Mame,
Thry're the ones making profits vrom death, they're the ones who fund the child murdering NRA and politicians who refuse to ammend the right to shoot up schools in any way.

They're at the centre of all this, and as we can't shoot their children in front of them, going for the wallet seems the best alternative.

Linkat

1  
Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 09:54 am
@Mame,
Have you ever seen Runaway Juror? That is exactly what they did - was sue the gun manufacturer (now of course that is a movie).

Real Music

2  
Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 10:30 am
@Mame,
I don't think that's right or fair. They're not the ones who allow people to buy guns with no background checks or who allow people to buy AK15s or whatever they are.

1. It's not as simple as you are describing.

2. In the youtube video I posted at the top of this thread, attorney Josh Koskoff did explain the
(basis) of the lawsuit.

3. I think it is important to the conversation to understand the actual (basis) of the lawsuit and the
(basis) of why the lawsuit was successful.

4. I don't know if you had viewed the video I posted.
InfraBlue

2  
Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 01:08 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

(basis) of the lawsuit.

It's much like the lawsuits against the tobacco and opioid industries. They push decidedly dangerous products—which in the case of guns are expressly injurious and lethal; that is their purpose after all—with deficient regard for discretion, caution and safety.
Mame

1  
Reply Tue 31 May, 2022 01:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yes, but they are allowed and even encouraged to do so. They're not encouraging people to shoot others.

Only farmers, ranchers and hunters should have rifles and they don't need AK47s (or whatever they are) and only police, the military and prison guards should have hand guns. No one else NEEDS a gun. You can protect yourself with a variety of implements that won't cause death (unless that's the intention).

The NRA should be abolished. It's terrible what's happening down there. Completely out of control and seemingly unstoppable. Americans should give their heads a shake and vote out the pro-gun politicians.