Infatuation

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 10:51 pm
I have a question to all who will be willing to give me some advice. I am engaged to be married next year. I am 26 female, who is so in love with my fiancee. We are perfect for each other. We are so compatible.

A year ago I used to work at this big company. An old co-worker used to talk to me. He caused this big racket at work, telling me how he wasn't going to give me my b/f's messages at the time when he called. He bitched/yelled/did everything to make me feel uncomfortable. I wanted to quit so badly. After he was done maybe after two months of being an ass, we became friends. i thought of him like a good friend at work. he helped me with my computer so many times because it always had problems.

I got laid off before him. He is still there. To make a long story short, i still keep in touch through email and now Yahoo IM. I do tell my fiancee, i dont hide anything. I tell him the conversations too. he knew him when i used to complain about him at work. My question is i think its infatuation, but how can i tell? I am in love with my fiancee, but whenever i am bored when he is at work(im unemployed) i talk to this guy. I flirt, not a bad flirt, just a bunch of bull **** or insulting him. I sometimes talk all day long with him online-email. And when i dont hear from him, i get all weird.

I care about him. I know why I talk to him. He makes me laugh, more then when i am with my fiancee. He makes me feel good inside. There is not one email I don't laugh in. I want to be friends always, and i know i cant'. if my fiancee felt that way towards a woman i would feel so unloved. but he trusts me. i trust me too. its not physical or sexual attraction. i am intrigued by his personality. last year he had a heart attack and it affected me. when i got laid off i told him i missed him and he said the same. At work he did ask me out(another weird story) for a long time he had a crush, but i dont know. I dont know anything anymore about this thing. I am obsessed. He is an older man (late 40's)

i need advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 714 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Roofingguy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 11:26 pm
you want one for marriage
one for fun

not good!!!!!

you either choose or destiny will do it for you... :wink:
0 Replies

smoothboop7

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 04:08 pm
actually i dont think that is what i want. i dont think about him when i am with my fiancee. i dont even think about him in general, i just like talking to him online.
0 Replies

SlimJim

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 10:38 am
I feel very strongly about this, probably even more than Roofingguy does. I don't know you and I quickly became VERY jealous.

Let this be a lesson for me.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 11:57 am
It can only lead to trouble between you and your fiance. If my wife spent all day (as you state) chatting/emailing a particular guy, I would be a bit concerned, just as she would if I spent all my time emailing/chatting with a female friend.

Innocent or not, I think you need to beware. Relationships have been destroyed for much less.
0 Replies

warned

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 06:30 pm
This interaction will lead to nothing but trouble if you keep it up.

It seems harmless but all the while you are flirting, chatting, insulting or whatever, you are connecting with someone other than your fiance' and it is more than a cordial friendship.

Invest that time with some of your girlfriends, learn a new hobby or think about ways to further enhance your relations with your soon to be hubby..... Laughing

I speak from experience as my wife developed a more than plutonic friendship that was fine until there was stress in our relations and then bam!! , I could do nothing right and he seemed to be the answer to everything..... Rolling Eyes

My .02 cents.....
0 Replies

smoothboop7

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 12:13 pm
It's harmless....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 12:16 pm
smoothboop7 wrote:
It's harmless....

If it was harmless you wouldn't be asking us about it.

Think about what you just said.
0 Replies

warned

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 12:21 pm
A close friend of my STBX wife had a similar relationship with a guy she works with a few yers ago.

She has now been involved in a full blown affair with him for about 3 yrs. and says she can't stop. Her husband has no idea and she acts like it is all......let's just say ...harmless... Rolling Eyes

She is in her early thirties and the guy is mid to late 40's......having her cake and eating it too... Cool
0 Replies