The Angel Fish will explain it to you
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 02:26 pm
Civilization is a failure
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:00 am
evolution cut itself short by allowing people to evolve, we're straight on a path to destroying everything. esspecially, but not limited to , ourselves.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 07:09 am
BreatheThePoison
What??
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
BreatheThePoison wrote:
evolution cut itself short by allowing people to evolve, we're straight on a path to destroying everything. esspecially, but not limited to , ourselves.
au1929 wrote:
BreatheThePoison
What??
xingu; do you want to step in here?
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
neo you keep saying that on my posts, what the heck are you talking about.

1929, i was talking about the state of our environment.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:06 am
Y'know, that's interesting. Lemme see if I can understand this by putting it into some sort of coherent sequence. Humans evolved. As they evolved, they became a parasitic force on ol' Mama Earth. As a result of their evolution, the environment is now polluted. Okay so far?

But, now, the conclusion that "we're...on a path to destroying everything..." isn't exactly a Q.E.D. conclusion. We don't really know what we're on a path to. Our activities change the environment, they don't actually destroy it. Every time I see somebody lament the fact that we are about to "destroy' the planet, I shake my head in disbelief in that person's arrogance, We are puny. We couldn't destroy this planet if we put our best purposeful efforts into it. If every nuclear device ever manufactured were to be exploded simultaneously, all it would do would be to kill off most vertebrate species )including, of course, humankind). Once that was over and done with, the Earth would breathe somewhat easier, having gotten rid of a species (mankind) which has contributed little but consumed much.

We are a minority on the planet. Germs constitute the makority of 'animal' life. Insects, I believe, come in second. It's already been shown that radiation fallout has very little effect on cockroaches. They'd survive anything we could throw at them.

In sum, what we are doing to the environment hurts no one but us and species similar to us. We confuse the suicidal actions of mankind with destruction of the planet itself. These are entirely separate questions. The world doesn't end because the last man on earth walks into a bar and says, "Hey, drink, lemme have another bartender."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:09 am
In fact, if the human race continues to piddle in its own nest, evolutionary forces will kick in with a vengeance, and we'll be history . . .
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:14 am
The interesting and potentially neat thing about Homo sapiens (us) is that we can cut ourselves out of the natural selection cycle. We can learn, evaluate and change our behavior independent of biological change.

No opinion as to whether or not we will.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:31 am
personally, iam working on evolving wings. Any day now iam going to start sprouting feathers.

and its true, we dont know if humans will actually destroy anything. isnt there an astroid or meteor thats slated to blow us to bits in 2015?

i watched a show about super volcanos, about how yellow stone is actually a huge thermal melting pot, a gigantic volcano, kina like a great big boil of a zit on the earths face. all the magma shifted back in the 70's and it actually pushed the land up, causing a lake to slide to one side. but the crux of the show was about how the earth is due for a super volcano eruption, since the schedule is something like once ever 1.5 million years or some such thing.

And i read something about how all the vaccinations and hypoallergenic products, and super clean living spaces actually weaken our immune systems until theorectically we could all die of a cold.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 11:50 am
BreatheThePoison wrote:
neo you keep saying that on my posts, what the heck are you talking about.

1929, i was talking about the state of our environment.
I wish xing would reveal himself as I don't completely understand his thesis. But I think he believes the next stage of our evolution is to become light bulbs or something.
0 Replies

BreatheThePoison

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:53 pm
ohhh i didnt realize it was another user. Cause you said the same thing in reply to me on another thread and i was lost. maybe we will become light bulbs... lol
0 Replies