Racial Profiling

fdrhs

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:56 pm
Is it right for cops to stop every person with Middle Eastern appearance at will?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 515 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:01 pm
We had another thread on this topic which got locked, because the conservatives showed up to accuse those who oppose profiling of being friends of the terrorists. Perhaps that won't happen here.

In that thread, i made exactly your point about Timothy McVeigh, and about Eric Rudolf, and pointed out that some suicide bombers have been women. Profiling appeals to a deep, atavistic need by frightened sheep to be able to identify the wolves. So when the cops do this, all the white boys and girls can heave a sigh of relief and tell themselves that something effective is being done. It's a sham, but it will take many more bombings for it to sink in.

As a white man, i apologize to you for the stupidity of other whites in their treatment of you. I don't consider myself at fault, but i'd be at pains to point out that not all of us are like that.
0 Replies

fdrhs

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 04:59 am
ok
Thank your e-mail and quick reply.
0 Replies