Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,653 • Replies: 13
No top replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 01:11 pm
haahaha, vrey fnnuy Razz ! you souhld mkae a gmae of this at the trivia and games section!!! itd be fun!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:50 pm
rhythm.synergy wrote:
haahaha, vrey fnnuy Razz ! you souhld mkae a gmae of this at the trivia and games section!!! itd be fun!

Please, feel free to copy it, and start a game anyplace you want. *smiles*
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 07:37 pm
Me, I thought it meant an affliction of only posting nice nothing sentences.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:39 pm
You can read more about Graig Weston in the link below. It is about speed reading. But as Rhythm.Synergy suggested it can be a fun game too.

http://craigwestover.blogspot.com/2005/04/typoglycemia.html

Try reading it again osso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:55 pm
Oh, but I like my own idea.

Ok, I'll read it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 08:58 pm
The link seems a promo for what a great mind a person has..

and the stuff in the first post - no, I'm not knocking it.

But, outta here.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:03 pm
Me too. Them typos are too sugary sweet for me too.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 09:14 pm
And, Hi, Roger, she says, sweetly...

and laughing. I dunno, I don't have the patience for the first post. So I shouldn't sound so snotty.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2005 07:58 am
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid

According to a rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia.
Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt. (Hrad to blveiee taht yuo cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht yuo wehr rdanieg).

I get lots of emails. And, if you are like most people who receive emails each day, you get several emails from friends who send along some favorite joke or picture. The above was sent to me by one of my friends.
I had several thoughts as I read the above paragraph and I am wondering if you did as well?

First, I was darned well impressed with myself that I could decipher this puzzle. Most of the time, I do lousy at puzzles. For some reason, I got this one. Which helped establish the underlying fact about this research. 

Second, it made me wonder if this will mean that people will ignore spelling as a basic skill. After all, if the mind cannot really distinguish correct spelling from bad spelling, what difference does it make.

Lastly, and maybe this came to you sooner than it did me, but I began to think that this was a fake study. Could this be a fake?

The answer is YES. There is no such study. And there is no such word as "typoglycemia," either according to Mr. Webster.

Got me.

I am using this as an example so you can realize that not everything you read online is factual or correct. The internet is a beautiful thing as long as you realize that a lot of what is "out there" is simply,…well, out there. 
For example, online job boards are now just being exposed for serious deficiencies. But, they do such a great job of advertising that we all think that their services are legitimate and serve the jobseekers. (Just like we all believed this study by Cambridge University!)

One of the biggest concerns, based on reality, is privacy and security. Resumes are being sent literally around the world and many of them eventually end up in the hands of people who prey upon jobseekers and sometimes even try to steal identities, bank account information and so forth.

Don't believe me? Read what a friend of mine, Nick Corcodilos, "AskTheHeadhunter," told me recently about this issue:
"The real problem with job boards is that they're not really
in the business of filling jobs. Today, they are in the business of creating huge data bases of personal information which is traded, rented, sold, and sold again. The worst of it is that many of the main data bases are operated overseas in theold Iron Curtain countries, where there is zero control. I wouldn't post my resume online for all the tea in China. More people are getting savvy to that."

I think the point is, be careful out there.  And, be especially careful of online services that offer you "the world." You might be getting less than you bargained for.

Finally, Jdboig has qaultiy jbos taht are curnert. Psas it aunrod

http://wcco.jobdig.com/index.php?page=feature.php&articleID=95&categoryID=1
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 10:54 am
AngeliqueEast, if the study doesn't exist, how could I (and you as well) read the above paragraph without any problem? I feel like i'm just glancing over the words and that I could read faster. Maybe some1 should really do a study on this
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
I agree with you rhythm.synergy a study should be made. I too, read it fast and understood it the first time I read it. There might be a similar study out there that can explain it. I for one will keep looking into it.
0 Replies

rhythm synergy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 01:40 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
I agree with you rhythm.synergy a study should be made. I too, read it fast and understood it the first time I read it. There might be a similar study out there that can explain it. I for one will keep looking into it.

keep us posted if you find anything. If no1 find anything, somebody do this for their PHD or masters Thesis. hehehe
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 14 Aug, 2005 06:50 am
Great idea rhythm.synergy, thanks! No, I won't be posting what I found because I'm using it myself on a paper, and I want it to stay original.

It's so kewl to see some of the members using the idea in this article for fun in their post!

You should start a thread of your own as a game or typo poetry.
0 Replies